Author Topic: What is it with people??!!  (Read 7561 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with people??!!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 03:10:28 pm »
Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they: eat less,
don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come
when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using
friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the
latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion
dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell their
children!

.......and you know where and with whom they are sleeping on a Friday and/or Saturday night :o :o :o!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:11:02 pm by newflvr »

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 09:29:56 am »
LOL, Thanks!  I'm going to print that off and stick it on my fridge.  ;D

kristi

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 11:25:04 am »
I'm in agreement with all of you...
Love the quote - I'm sending it to my sister - she has fur & slobber issues.

My dog drools.  Hey it happens - especially when there is food being served!
He's a family member, I'm not going to banish him to a bedroom or the backyard.  He's very sensitive.  If I were to do that, he'd think he was being punished for something - the dog doesn't even have a crate (issues from the abusive previous owner)!
Sometimes if people come over & there's food, Sampson walks around with a kitchen towel tucked in his collar.  If his mouth is bothering you - feel free to wipe it.  If you're that grossed out by it - there's the door feel free to use it...
My mom has 2 labs - they bark, jump, & are the highest-maintenance dogs I've ever seen.  I'll take Bubba's Big Dog drool & fur over that any day!
Don't let them hurt your feelings Bubba, the ones that avoid you out in public - they're not the ones you want to meet anyway!
Hang in there buddy - Sampson is sending you a virtual slobbery romp & roll in the snow! ;)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 01:32:09 pm »
A lady in PetSmart the other day almost fainted when she turned the corner and Einstein was standing there.  She must have a built-in fear of large dogs. 

Personally I've always been intrigued by large dogs.  It's the barking, jumping little dogs that make me nervous.  And if I saw a saint bernard coming down the street you can bet I'd cross the street -- toward it! 
Sarah

kristi

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 01:45:37 pm »
A lady in PetSmart the other day almost fainted when she turned the corner and Einstein was standing there.  She must have a built-in fear of large dogs. 

Personally I've always been intrigued by large dogs.  It's the barking, jumping little dogs that make me nervous.  And if I saw a saint bernard coming down the street you can bet I'd cross the street -- toward it! 

Sam gets the same reaction...
BTW -I love Einstein's name!
I get nervous by the little dogs too - all that energy & fast jerking around- they're way to hard to "read"...
You can always tell what's going on with a big dog.  They have real body language & they send out readable signals.
My husband laughs 'cause I always head for a dog when we're out in public - the bigger the dog the quicked I get to it! ;D

Offline lindar5928

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »
I have an 8 month old Saint. When we take him to Petsmart we get the same reactions - "oh my god he is only a puppy" "How big will he get"
But when he sees a child or a little dog, he automatically lays down to their level. He is more gentle than the smaller breeds and seldom gets any appreciation.
Evey now and then someone will approach and say what a beautiful dog he is - these are people that have owned a large breed dog