Author Topic: My Sanity is coming back!  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
My Sanity is coming back!
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:05:04 pm »
Yeah, I'm corny, SHUT UP!

As long as Matt's mom is OK with him being here a week or two before I move into my place.  I need to get him fixed before I move in (Mostly because he had the appt before all the craziness that happened, and I'd like to get that done before the stress of moving). 

I saw a vet half a mile from the turn off road to my new house and stopped in and bombarded them in typical Ang style, asking if they had any of their vets had Giant Breed experience.  The lady said that all of them did (Uh Oh), but then I told her I had a Great Dane, and she said I was smart to ask because they have their own special needs.  (Of course I'm smart, HELLOOOOOOOO!)  I then asked her their opinions on Vaccinosis and Titers, on Protien levels and Raw feeding.  I asked about their neutering procedures and bloodwork options, do they have 24 hour surveillance, is bloodwork standard protocol, is the laser surgery an option?  No they don't have a laser, they do the surgeries in the morning so if there is a reaction it shows itself before anyone leaves at night, they usually don't do bloodwork on healthy young dogs but I can ask for it, the Neuter is only going to be $204 (As opposed to the $360 or 380 I was going to pay before), and the bloodwork is $80.  They can pull it when I take him in for a $30 check up, and then do the surgery for a week later when the results are in.

I miss my baby so much!  I heard him yawn in the background today and it took every thing I had not to break down into tears.  Tenchi, I'm sorry I'm taking your buddy away, but I need him more than you do!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

Re: My Sanity is coming back!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:09:06 pm »
Ang I'm so happy for you!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 04:12:35 pm »
whoo hoo!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! You get your Sanity back and you seem to have found a vet that knows that GD's have special needs!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 04:19:34 pm »
SUCH great news!  It's all good stuff!!  It's about time ;)!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 04:40:22 pm »
He is going to go crazy with excitement.  I dont' know how you did it, but you did.  Way to go.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 05:07:23 pm »
WOO HOOO ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 05:16:49 pm »
Ang I'm glad to see that Sanity will finally be with you again  ;D  I have a question about the neutering though.   Does that vet participate with Friends of Animals program?  I know you have to buy the certificate and bring it to the vet, but with Boo I know the cert will cost me $75 plus additional anesthesia due to her size.  Just a thought if that vet accepts the certs.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 06:18:44 pm »
Yay, that's wonderful news!!

Glad you found a good vet that seems to know what they are doing and is yet cheaper than the other one.  Hope all goes well, and I'm sure Nee is going to go crazy insane when he sees you again.

enuffpaws

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 08:23:29 pm »
Thats super!!! Ang so happy for you great news, go have some fun with Neeners.

dale ;) ;D 8)

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 08:59:14 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAHHHHH HHHHHHHH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 12:00:11 am »
Yay, Ang!  I am so glad that Nee is coming home.  Sleepovers are fun, but it is time for him to be with his mommy again now.  How awesome is Moni, though, huh?
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 01:37:40 am »
Yeah, I'm corny, SHUT UP!

As long as Matt's mom is OK with him being here a week or two before I move into my place.  I need to get him fixed before I move in (Mostly because he had the appt before all the craziness that happened, and I'd like to get that done before the stress of moving). 

I saw a vet half a mile from the turn off road to my new house and stopped in and bombarded them in typical Ang style, asking if they had any of their vets had Giant Breed experience.  The lady said that all of them did (Uh Oh), but then I told her I had a Great Dane, and she said I was smart to ask because they have their own special needs.  (Of course I'm smart, HELLOOOOOOOO!)  I then asked her their opinions on Vaccinosis and Titers, on Protien levels and Raw feeding.  I asked about their neutering procedures and bloodwork options, do they have 24 hour surveillance, is bloodwork standard protocol, is the laser surgery an option?  No they don't have a laser, they do the surgeries in the morning so if there is a reaction it shows itself before anyone leaves at night, they usually don't do bloodwork on healthy young dogs but I can ask for it, the Neuter is only going to be $204 (As opposed to the $360 or 380 I was going to pay before), and the bloodwork is $80.  They can pull it when I take him in for a $30 check up, and then do the surgery for a week later when the results are in.

I miss my baby so much!  I heard him yawn in the background today and it took every thing I had not to break down into tears.  Tenchi, I'm sorry I'm taking your buddy away, but I need him more than you do!
I am so happy you & your sidekick will be together again soon! :) I can't believe the prices for vetrinary care there though!...My vet charges like 64 bucks for a neuter, 7 bucks for the office call, 8 bucks for the examination & under 20 bucks for the bloodwork...Th e EKG is like 15 bucks...I can't remember what my boys cost me butRosie's spay, with bloodwork, EKG, after pain meds, microchip, & kennal cough vac was like 184 bucks.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 08:41:14 am »
YAAAAYYYY! That's the best news I've heard all week!  You both will be so happy to be back together!  Yes, the neutering before the move is probably a good idea--cut as much stress down as possible! Like Gypsy, though, I would shudder at the cost of your vet bills!  Maybe it's because I live in a more rural than urban area, but my vet doesnt charge anywhere near that to neuter---$40 for neutering, $50 for spays, and $1 for bloodwork!  He does fecal exams for free! But it's not worth the difference in what the vet costs are to live in South Outer Nowhere, let me assure you!  ;D
Anyway, so glad that you are getting your baby back!
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 10:48:42 am »
That is great news Ang!  Congrats!!