Author Topic: cure for upset tummy??  (Read 4372 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
cure for upset tummy??
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:13:35 pm »
My little girl Tali has an upset tummy today. She has thrown up a few times already, but nothing is coming up except fluid. Any suggestions on somehing that might make her tummy better?
She hasn't eaten anything she shouldn't have and otherwise seems to be acting fine.
Thanks

Vicki

nickerbokker

Re: cure for upset tummy??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:20:10 pm »
boiled hanburger...dr ained, and mixed with rice.  SMALL AMOUNTS until she holds it down...

werent you at the vets today?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 04:03:49 pm »
Try a little can pumpkin (not the pie mix). 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 04:11:30 pm »
peptobismuth works well on dogs too, that is what I usually give when it starts on Hera, I get the chew tabs, she likes them, and they work real well. Other than that, just what nickerbokker said, boiled rice, boiled cod (make sure no bones), also if her belly is real upset as it sounds since she has puked a couple of times already, dont try to feed her, just make sure she gets plenty of water. Mind you a little warning, when they puke and nothing comes, except maybe foam or some green slimy stuff I always get worried about them having ate something that is stuck down there. Has she gone potty at all today? Please let us know how she is doing. Hope you  are feeling better soon Tali.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 09:15:16 pm »
I was at the vets today, with a different dog.  Tali threw up a couple of days ago, just fluid. I didn't think much of it, I figured she had eaten some grass or something. She doesn't usually have a sensative tummy (that's Sakwa) so normally it wouldn't worry me that she had thrown up fluid a couple of times today, but it's not like her. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow though I'm afraid he'll have me come in and just say "she probably just ate some grass" LOL
I just don't know how big a deal it is. She's my baby so I worry.
Vicki

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 09:21:11 pm »
That is exactly what it looks like. She hasn't eaten much today, and I don't know for sure if she's gone to the bathroom because I didn't go out with her every time she went out today....why didn't I think to do that???
I have only had the girls since August of last year and we just got Finn 2 months ago. None of them have been sick yet, so I guess I'm still learning what to look for, what to do, when to worry.... I feel like a new mommy. I'm great with humans and illness!  I'll keep a closer eye on her and call the vet tomorrow. I do have some pepto so I'll give her a small dose tonight.  Thanks everyone,

Vicki

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 09:34:26 pm »
Maybe this is an "old wives tale" but another dog person told me that if a dog eats wide-blade grass (like weeds), his stomach is upset and he's trying to throw up.  If it's narrow blade grass (like a lawn) it's just a need for a green vegetable. Let us know what happens!