Author Topic: Dane on 7th Heaven  (Read 5332 times)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Dane on 7th Heaven
« on: February 06, 2006, 05:22:19 pm »
I haven't watched this mess regularly ever, but it's one of the shows that my friend Julie lets her kids watch all the time, on the theory that the father being a minister makes it 'worthwhile.'  (I find it annoying, stupid, overly preachy and fully of incredibly mixed messages, which is why I never watch.) 

But I was over there last night helping her with a project for church and guess what?  The blonde daughter that's married to the blonde guy that REALLY can't act has a GREAT DANE now!  Julie said they got 2 dogs at the shelter for Christmas--apparently as part of a 'don't adopt a dog at Christmas' plotline, they got the Dane and a yapper.   ::)

Stupidest show ever, I only ever see it at Julie's:  but I can't think of another show that's featured a Dane as a family pet!

There was a cute scene last night where they were feeding him, the yapper that must have come from the shelter with him, and an adorable baby ice cream cones in a car last night.   I have no idea why they were in the car, but the Dane was just so cute slurping ice cream out of the cone in the stupid actor's hand.   Between him and the cute baby, we were "awwing" so much, we weren't even paying attention to what was supposed to be going on.

Has anyone else seen this cutie?  They're calling him Samson on the show. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dane on 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:47:28 pm »
Well, I'm sadly addicted to Star Trek.  You could be addicted to worse things than TV shows that don't make any logical sense  ;).

Happy's the scruffy white mop, right? 

Samson is cuter.  It's too bad they haven't had him all along.  I might have watched!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 06:01:06 pm »
I must admit that I'm sadly addicted to 7th Heaven.  I've watched the show since I was 14 and its just something I never grew out of.  I'm the same age as Lucy's character, married young, while in college, so I guess on some level I could relate to her and the show even after I grew out of sappy teenage evening dramas, which might be sad, but true.

Hi, my name is Rachel and I am a 7th Heaven adict...  :)    I can't believe its the last season..boohoo o.  I think even though the show may be sappy and overly preachy it is one of the 'cleaner' prime time shows.  No blood, no guts, no sex (at least none that is shown) and it has still managed to stay on and be a hit for so many years.

Samson is so cute!  I wish they had brought him on earlier.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 07:03:25 pm »
OMG! I adore 7th Heaven, but I missed last night because of play practice :'( And if there was a new one last week I missed that too..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 07:04:17 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:08:35 am »
I love 7th heaven too, I have been watching sense I was in high school.  I love their messages, sometimes overly done but still gets the message across.  I cried when Lucy adopted both dogs.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 01:48:31 pm »
7th Heaven addict here too.  So yes, I saw the dogs and the ice cream.  Very adorable scene!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:06 pm »
I don't watch 7th heaven, but did anyone catch in the new charlie and the chocolate factory, the harle dane in the background of one of the scenes?

What about the Starburst commercial where the guys steals the guys starburst, clothes, bike, and GREAT DANE?

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 01:33:41 am »
I love that starburst commercial!!  Ernie the Clepto hahahaha!!  cracks me up!
I am kind of a big deal!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 02:05:59 am »
haha me too the first time I saw it I only caught the end and I was like DANE!!!!

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 04:04:20 pm »
OH MY GOSH! Ok, this has NOTHING to do with 7th Heaven...

But, my lil Joey looks SO much like Tonka (or, baby Tonka? I don't know how old that picture is). I saw the avatar and thought...ok, whose stolen a picture of my baby. But wait... I never took a picture like that! Hehehehe!

Here he is.. not sure if I have a picture, with me, that shows how much he looks like Tonka. I'll show ya what I've got though.