Author Topic: Kuvasz tails  (Read 6337 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Kuvasz tails
« on: February 07, 2006, 11:17:56 pm »
We rescued a dog on Dec. 1 that is supposed to be a Kuvasz mix...She makes the "wheel" with her tail though...Do Kuvies make the wheel with their tail?...That is when the tail curves up over the back?...I think her face is very Kuvie looking...I mean how many white dogs have the slanted dark eyes?...Anyway, I'm just wondering....H ere is a pic of Rosie.

Kiahpyr

Re: Kuvasz tails
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 11:29:31 pm »
I'm not sure. I did find this picture on the internet.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 11:32:50 pm »
I'm no expert, but that pic does not look like a kuv to me. 

Edited to add:  Looked up a standard and it says the tail is carried low, but raised when the dog is excited.  Does not mention a curl of the tail.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:35:15 pm by ZooCrew »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 11:37:16 pm »

Edited to add:  Looked up a standard and it says the tail is carried low, but raised when the dog is excited.  Does not mention a curl of the tail.

I found it on a german website. I think they are different there then they are here in the US. Here's the link
http://www.hundekosmos.de/hunderassen/hirtenhunde/kuvasz/index.html

All the other photos and sites say the same thing that you found ZooCrew. I didn't think it looked like a kuv either.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:40:37 pm by Tajsa »

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 12:14:18 am »

I found it on a german website. I think they are different there then they are here in the US. Here's the link
http://www.hundekosmos.de/hunderassen/hirtenhunde/kuvasz/index.html

All the other photos and sites say the same thing that you found ZooCrew. I didn't think it looked like a kuv either.
The only thing that really looks Kuvie on her is her face...& she has a small ruff around her neck, long hair on the backs of her legs (like a Pyr)...She has the dark black lined eyes...She is super energetic though & VERY VERY agile!...I think she has a whole lot of Lab in her! ;D...Here is a cheesecake shot I just took.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 02:02:15 am »
I'm sorry, i didn't mean Rosie.  I meant the pic of the dog that Tajsa posted.

I think Rosie does have some kuv characteristic s. 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 11:20:04 am »
I'm sorry, i didn't mean Rosie.  I meant the pic of the dog that Tajsa posted.

I think Rosie does have some kuv characteristic s. 
I know the Hungarian Bred Kuvs look alot different than the American bred Kuvs...& Rosie, if you knew her personality you'd see as much Lab in her as I do! ;D