Author Topic: Wet dog days  (Read 8212 times)

Luvmydanes

Wet dog days
« on: May 21, 2005, 03:02:38 pm »
I got this picture of Dane today as Shaun was done giving him his bath....It turned out so good...I love it when he has the "wet dog" look. He looks so cute! Just thought I'd share..

Kandi

Offline Jason

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Wet dog days
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 07:16:38 pm »
Nice pic. So does Dane enjoy bath time? I know Oreo hates getting wet. During the warmer months it's outside with the hose, but during winter, it is him and I in the shower, and I end up getting wetter than him. So how does everyone else deal with bath time?

Jason

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 07:23:39 pm »
We take Leo to the groomer or the dog wash down the street.  Right now it's so rainy here that I couldn't do it outside without getting wet and cold myself!  He loves the blow dryer!  There is no way I could do it inside because he's way too big and his hair would clog the pipes instantly!  Then there is also cleaning the ears...  I fill them up, rub in around, and run like heck to get as far away as possible before he shakes it all over the place!  Don't ya just love it?

Rufiesmom

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 07:47:30 pm »
We have a self serve dog wash at a local groomers and it is great.  Rufus used to hate to go to the groomers and sometimes he would be bright pink and tender when we got him home.  I think they were using hot water on him.  Anyway this place is great, raised bathtub so no strain on the back.  They have all the towels you need, shampoo, conditioner, eye cleaner, ear cleaner, dryers, brushes, combs, etc.  Plus you can feel all the lumps and bumps if any and know what your dog feels like.  It's a great bonding thing!  And it's about 50$ cheaper!

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 07:52:45 pm »
oreo gets the same treatment as my babies.

in summer (which ang has yet to experience), we go outside with a bottle of shampoo and the hose.  in winter or cold days, its me and the doggie in the tub...and it aint a perdy site!

my kiddos get a bath every two weeks.  they smell beautiful, look beautiful, and their coats are still surprisingly healthy, as is their skin.  it works out well for all of us!

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 08:05:38 pm »
Yes, Dane likes his baths. He doesn't seem to mind at all. We took him camping last summer and there was a lake, he jumped right in and went swimming, he loved it. Its funny how dogs are so different. We have an eve over our porch, so we dont get wet when its raining, but we fill up a 5 gallon bucket with warm water from the bath and thats how we bath him. I know, spoiled. :) Its WAY too much of a chore to put him in the bathtub, so we don't do it anymore.

Kandi

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 10:08:11 pm »
I know that look all too well and love it also. It's like, "Mom- can you believe all that I just endured? How on earth can you do this all time? I do look super handsome though don't I?" We do the outside thing, the bathtub thing, and the Sudsy Mutt (grooming facility where you can do-it-yourself if you want) with raised tubs, great smelling shampoo, lots of towels, and super powerful dryers. Bear doesn't mind baths but he loves swimming.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 12:29:52 pm »
Hi All!
All of your babies are beautiful!
My Sadie decided the other day that she needed a bath on her own!
She went in to the bush and found herself the most nasty smelling thing in the world and decided to roll in it and coat her whole body in this terrible smelling who knows what!!!!
So......needle ss to say she chose her own bath time LOL
And she really dosnt mind bath time but it is a chore to get her into the tub!!!!She doesnt do that part willingly. Everything else goes pretty smooth and after it is all over she runs around the house like fool! She loves to dry herself on the couch! Thats her favorite!!! Not mine!!!
The pic Im posting today is of my Sadie and her adoptive mommy Queenie.
She loves to clean Queenies ears for her!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 10:31:14 am »
Oh...bath days are so fun.  Do you have to get in the tub with them too?

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 01:24:33 pm »
Good story Tina ;D  I could never shower with Leo because I won't let him see me naked.  He's human in there I just know it and I'm not taking any chances!  Besides that I saw Homeward Bound and I'm convinced he would tell all his friends about my saggy chest!