Big Paws Only Dog Forums
December 11, 2017, 06:44:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tick protection  (Read 1710 times)
meg
Ankle Biter

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2005, 11:10:16 AM »

Just wondering what is the best tick protection Huh.....Cassie has been vaccinated for Lyme's but there are sooooo many ticks around here, just want to be safe

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:42:53 PM by bigpawsadmin » Logged
taijinrr
Big Paws-a-holic

we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 11:44:06 AM »

i use bio spot  and since we are in florida  the bug state, lol
 i dip my dogs every two months  <<x vet tech  (not a vet tho)
be careful
vasiline in eyes, do not get in nose  or ears

read directions 
i am always open to info and chat  etc pals   can e mail me,,i'd love it  @
billie4121@aol.com
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:43:20 PM by bigpawsadmin » Logged

TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks
mastiffmommy
Chief "All Knowing"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 01:59:17 AM »

I have tried a lot of different topical treatments, I like a lot of them. Now I use Bio Spot too, and like a lot + it is quite a bit cheaper than some other brands and if you have several dogs that matters lol.... I cant say I have seen any difference between the more expensive brands and Bio Spot, hmmmm I am not sure that other brands do prevent from ticks, but I cant say for sure. at another place on here, I think it was Bears mommy who is using garlic, I read up on it, and they say that is one of the best things to give, they use it on a lot of hunting dogs, that come in contact with both plenty of fleas and ticks. I will start giving all mine garlic too.

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog
Carolyn
Big Paws-a-holic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 11:41:09 AM »

Good luck finding tick protection. On eastern long island its a BIG problem, I have lyme's, Apache & Chazzy have it too. Kiya will probably get it. I was vacinated & so were my dogs. If you do end up with it don't freak out, after treatment I feel ok, my dogs act 100% normal. Just be sure to test & treat. The best I have come up with is my horses fly spay concentrate "guard star", I spray their legs & underbelly before we go out on the trails. All petting doubles as checking for ticks in my house.
Carolyn

Carolyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: