Author Topic: Can my Landlord do this?  (Read 19944 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Can my Landlord do this?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 01:04:40 pm »
Good Luck, and let me know how things goes. But dont let her fool you. From experience I know just how hard it is to evict someone, and we do not try to be a pain in the butt for tiny things, only when people owe us bunches of money (its not like we dont have to pay our bills) or our last ones, who left a candle burning and left the house, so the fire department had to come, we had to gut that house out completely and it was totally renovated and they had only lived there for a month, thats when we dont like our renters lol..... Our last ones had two pits. that were barking constantly, but I am real good at closing my ears, hmmmm guess that comes with having three kids and bunches of pets. Good Luck again

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 01:49:09 pm »
What a total creep! How could they do that to you? It sounds to me like they are looking for an excuse to move you and your big boys out. And for the record, if you could call the spca or cops on someone for having their excessive noise for 1/2 hour then my upstairs neighbor would be in prison! He has an alarm clock that is soooo loud and goes off for over an hour every day beginning at 5:00 a.m. It is the worst and no one seems to do anything- even when we have complained.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 01:51:44 pm »
Thanks to all. I guess its pretty much a waiting game. I know the next time we leave the house, whether its to go grocery shopping or to visit my parents, whatever, we'll come home to our "final notice" and they'll try to evict us. Which at that point I WILL stop paying rent!

Kandi

Luvmydanes

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 04:14:20 pm »
Thanks Tina. Yes, we do have documentation on Caden being seen for her dog biting him, as well as pictures. I took them "just in case" I'm thinking I am so glad I did. I told her that we haven't been unreasonable, so I find it funny that she is acting this way over my dog barking when 1.) she knew we had a dog when we moved in, and 2.) her dog bit my child and I didn't even make her pay for the dr visit or anything. I am regretting that I didn't. Her dog should have been the one going to the pound. I dont be letting her keep the deposit after talking to you guys. I am going to be calling a number I found for people who know everything about landlord/tenant laws. Great idea on the tape recorder, we are actually going to set up our video camera so we can see if they do anything mean to Dane while we are gone.

Kandi

dohertyswissy

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 02:42:48 pm »
Kandi - Just wanted to check on you and Dane...to see how things were going with your jacka** of a landlord.  I've been thinking about you guys a lot and hope everything is going okay.  The video camera is an excellent idea.  I have a sneaking suspicion...as I think everyone else does....that they are B.S.ing this whole thing.  If they have done anything to Dane, I have half a mind to come kick some butt myself...espec ially considering that their dog bit your son and they don't seem to care AT ALL.  Please keep us informed.  I hope everything is okay. 

Hugs from NC,

Heather and Ranger

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 12:18:19 pm »
Yes Kandi, if they are mean to Dane, I think you can count on the BPO's "convention" being held at your landlords place lol.... Well jokes apart, it is serious matter, if you have even the slightest suspicion (sp?) that they are doing something to dane, either as a "punishment" for him barking, or as a way of aggrevate him into doing something they could use against you, it is criminal, nothing less. So both the tape recorder and the video cam sounds like a real good idea. You are doing the right thing though, try and find out everything about your rights, and then confront them, let them know that you are not going to let them bully you, I totally agree with Heather that they are just hoping that they can use some kind of "scare/pressuring" tactic to get rid of you becasue they want to move in there themselves. Please let us know how things are going and keep a close eye on Dane, so nothing happens to that sweetheart.

Marit

Luvmydanes

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 12:56:06 pm »
Thanks so much for checking up on me. :) It really does mean a lot. I have been busy. We are looking for a new place to move because I am sure it is a matter of time before we are evicted. We have to go grocery shopping this weekend, and I am sure once we all leave, we will come home to a note on our door. I am going to tape record though, to know if they are lying or not. I have been having a hard time with Dane and the puppy. Its hard juggling 2 dogs and 3 children (who are all 3 yrs and under) so its been a real task. Jasmine is really timid and its hard to train her cause she runs off. Im not sure if she is just not used to her surroundings yet, or what. Dane doesn't want to listen to anything either and that is frustrating. He's been acting kind of aggressive at times towards jasmine, and not sure why. Any suggestions? Again, thanks for the check up...I needed it! :)

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 01:40:19 pm »
Good luck in your search for a new house Kandi. When you say Dane has been aggressive, is it real aggression or the "stop that dumb puppy", I see on Hera here, that when Galahad is being too much, she tells him to cool it, she is real good with him has so much patience, he is hanging in her lips, tail, ears and steal every toy she gets. But sometimes she just wants to have som alone time, and then she can tell  him to back off, if he is bothering her too much, and that is a good thing, he needs to be put in line, and know that he can not get away with just about anything with other dogs. So if that is what Dane is doing he is just being a good big brother, mind you if he is being too rough and you can tell that he is getting aggressive for real, not just telling Jasmine off, you probably want to monitor them quite closely.

Dane  not lisening, can be a reaction to the change in the home with Jasmine there. But it could also be a reaction to how things are now, they are soooo good at feeling if the situation is not "right" if you and your husband are worried, unhappy and frustrated over the situation with the landlord you may send out those signals and they feels it, and get just like kids when they sense something is wrong, go all bad behaved on you. Jasmine has not been with you for very long, so she may still be settling in, when you train her do you have Dane there too, or do you get her somewhere, where she can be alone, if not that may be a good idea until she feels a little more sure of herself.

And do I have the greatest respect for you or what........ three kids all under 3, ouch....... I have mine spread out and still think they are way too many sometimes lol....

Marit

Luvmydanes

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 03:17:21 pm »
Marit - Thanks for the words of wisdom. Its just been one of those days you know? Just enough is enough. Dane hasn't been real bad, we went away on a trip on Sunday and took the dogs with us and we stopped for lunch and brought out a food dish, and Dane smelled it and walked off, well when Jaz started eating, he ran over and growled at her. I just didn't like that. We put him back in the van as "punishment". Other than that its mostly him pawing her, but I think that is his way of saying "hey, I'm the top dog here...not you" I think Dane definately senses something is off. We are both really stressed about this whole thing. Sounds stupid, but it is to the point where just to not think about it I have been sleeping alot. I got to bed early, take naps with the kids, its just getting out of hand. And Shaun and I have been fighting as well. And I know this is all because of the dumb landlords. Then the breaking point, today Dane was out on his run and him and Jasmine were playing in the yard, and he chewed through the pulley! So I have a puppy, who doesn't listen, and a 1405-150 lb dog that doesn't listen cause she isn't listening running around the yard with a busy road right next to us! UGH!!!! I finally got her in the house in her kennel for a while and managed to work something out with Dane until Shaun gets home from work tonight. We built corral type thing, but just need to get a fence put up, then Dane can have free roam of it, so we will be having to do that this weekend. I'm sorry...this turned more into a vent than anything. :)

Kandi

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 03:28:06 pm »
Vent away!  That's what friends are for anyhow!  I'm sorry you are having one of those days :-\  I get those often and when I do I tend to cry out of frusteration.  I hate that about myself, but Leo always picks up on it and tries to comfort me.  Last week I threw myself on my bed and bawled and Leo came over and put his chin on the end of the bed and whined.  It made me cry harder and that made him bark at me which he only does when I put my coat on.  It just goes to show you that dogs pick up on your feelings and that's probably what Dane is doing.  You've got a lot on your plate and I can empathize with you.  I gave birth to three kids in 30 months, but it gets easier and it will for you too!  Keep your chin up and try to stay possitive ;)

Luvmydanes

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 05:04:35 pm »
thanks guys. It really makes my day to know I can come here and get support when I need it. You guys are the best. :) I agree...I think I will get some booze this weekend, and "enjoy" hubby. LOL. That could be another part of the problem. Its been over a week now!! Geez! And everyone knows, it is such a tension realease...Gue ss who is going to bed early tonight?? LOL.....I think it is Dane just letting Jazzy know who is boss, I just have never seen him act this way before so it is kind of un-nerving. He has never been like that, so I didn't expect it I guess. She tries to paw him too, but it doesn't work to well for her.  ;D Anyways, Thanks again guys

Kandi