Author Topic: I'm making the switch to Canidae  (Read 2645 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I'm making the switch to Canidae
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:13:58 pm »
K...I just purchased my 1st bag of Canidae for the dogs...I've been feeding Premium Edge...The only reason I didn't switch sooner was because the Canidae doesn't contain glucosamine... Then I found out that a cup of kibble only has  about 60 (or was it 6?) mgs. of glucosamine anyway & my dogs need like 1000 to 1500 mgs. a day...So, I am going to by the powdered glucosamine that they give horses & supplement with that...Premium Edge is a really great food but I have never been happy with Samson & Pippin's stools from it...Wish us luck!

k2campbell

Re: I'm making the switch to Canidae
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 11:16:26 pm »
Canidea is a great food - Kate loves it!  Her stool are nice and firm too.  We buy human glucosamine gel caplets and just open up a tablet and sprinkle it on Kate's food.

I hope it works out for you! 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:19:07 pm »
Canidea is a great food - Kate loves it!  Her stool are nice and firm too.  We buy human glucosamine gel caplets and just open up a tablet and sprinkle it on Kate's food.

I hope it works out for you! 
That's what I am hoping for...firmer stools!...We get the kind that you hope for rain to wash the grass after you pick up what you can. :-\

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:22:49 pm »
Zoey does really well on canidae. Her stool is firm and it is also tiny compared to when she was on other foods.

We supplement with cosequin chewable tablets for her joints.
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 10:44:18 am »
Kiah and Kitana are both on Canidae too. They love it! I supplement with glucosamine/msm/chondroitin complex. I used to put in on Kiah's food and she didn't like the taste of it, so She stopped eating. Now I give it to her in pill form. Just thought I would let you know, so you can be aware they might not like the glucosamine on their food. Good Luck!