Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 15297 times)

Offline Musherpumpkin

• Gnawer
  • The world is nuts. It can't be helped.-A.Guthrie
    • View Profile
    • Snowfoot Alaskans
« on: May 26, 2005, 05:46:03 am »
Hello all, This is my first post so I'll tell you alittle about me. My name is Sarah, and I am a mid-distance sled dog musher in northern Wisconsin. I run Alaskan Huskies, most of which have some Malamute in them. We currently have 11 dogs and one Pomeranian, and my sled dogs tend tword the large side of racing dogs, so we tend not to win much, but pride ourselves on well trained and well loved dogs. Looking forward to meeting you all!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:50:42 am by Musherpumpkin »

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:42:25 am »
Welcome Sarah!  This is such a great site and you will love everyone here!  I can't wait to see more pics of your sled dogs.   I am still considering a new puppy so I can't imagine having 11 dogs!  Leo is our one and only Saint right now, you'll see why I want a new puppy after you have seen everyone's dogs on here!  It's good to meet you!

Natalie

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 06:50:11 am »
Hello! I have always wanted to go sleding. Hope you enjoy it here! :)
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 02:02:08 am »
Hi Sarah, and welcome. First thing that came to mind when I read your post was when that guy bit the dog in its ear in the movie Snow dogs lol.... I am extremely impressed by everyone who is taking on so many dogs and make a team out of them. One of our dogs is a Siberian Husky, he is a rescue and well living in NC he stays over the A/C vent most of the summer lol.... but he is a sweetheart, he was very very timid when we first got him though but now he is such a nice dog. Its been a lot of talk about shedding here lately, I can not imagine the amount of brushing you'll have to do.

It's nice to have you here and hope to hear lots from you and see bunches of pics of all your dogs.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline irinad83

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:15:59 am »
I want my little guy to experience "racing" lifestyle! he craves it sooo much! hes a full Siberian Husky :)
well welcome, I'm new here too and its a great site!
this is our guy when he was about 4 months old (he's 8 months now :))
Image hosted by Photobucket.co<span style= m" width="350" height="262" class="bbc_img resized" />

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:14:34 pm »
What a great looking team.  I have met a few mushers now.  Why is it they all have one toy breed thrown in there?  I've actually learned alot from a 14 yr old musher living in AK.  She's getting her own team together this fall to start training for next year.  She works mainly with Canadian Inuit dogs and some Alaskan Huskies.  I have one husky/shepherd mix, and I know she would love to mush.  She already loves rollerblading.

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 07:23:45 pm »
Hey, great to see you here! Small world, eh? I just joined too (ZooCrew gave me the link and I couldn't resist posting  ;D).

Kristen & The Dog Gang
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 07:27:55 pm »
Hi, I love working dogs and I would bet sled dogs are very happy dogs and love their work, RIGHT???  Welcome

Peggy
Peggy

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 07:54:24 pm »
Hi, I love working dogs and I would bet sled dogs are very happy dogs and love their work, RIGHT??? 

Yep. My guys go absolutely insane when they see their harnesses. Ty's eyes light up, he starts to jump up and down, his tail goes 100 miles an hour, and he barks if he's not harnessed. Kallie and Sher do pretty much the same thing, but Sher bays.
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline mishka

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 03:11:30 pm »
HI i used to run my sibes & collies in harness to train for racing

suka ''come on mum ,lets get going''

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 08:21:29 am »
I would love to train my girls for cart pulling, only thing one listens and the other does not.