Author Topic: VENTING! - there are stupid cat people too!  (Read 6148 times)

kristi

VENTING! - there are stupid cat people too!
« on: March 19, 2006, 04:01:09 pm »
So I go to the Chicagoland Pet Expo today with my 6 yr old...

We go to the second floor of the expo where they have all of the "pure bred" cats. Gaby is in her glory talking to these people who are showing their cats.  She's asking questions & telling them about her cats.  They are being polite until we get to this one guy.

His one cat has the same markings/coloring as a rescue cat that we had (she died almost 1.5 years ago).  I guess he was insulted that she was comparing his "very expensive cat" to one that I found under an AC unit at the high school I taught at.

She then tells him about our current rescue cats including Marco Polo, a deaf albino.  He asks her what color his eyes are.  She replies clear - they don't have any color.

This A** tells this little girl in the most obnoxious, condescending voice that she doesn't know "what the h**l you're talking about because albinos' eyes eyes are red."

Gaby is so shocked that she turns around to look at me & the tears are welling already.

Well I went into "Protective Mom-mode", I looked at him & said, "Well, thank you - you really should post your medical credentials up there on the sign with the name of your cattery."

He says very rudely, "I'm not a doctor."

I said, "Then you shouldn't question the genetic evaluation of a licensed veterinarian." I pointed at Gaby who's now crying, "She's 6! You IGNORANT A**! What are you thinking!"

The guy was in shock!  He just stared at me & dropped his little feather wand-thing.

Oooh I was so angry!  Poor Gaby!  I picked her up and got away from there.  She was devistated.  Who does that to a little girl?!?

People are idiots! >:(

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: VENTING! - there are stupid cat people too!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 04:08:24 pm »
People are idiots!

Yep!  You got it!  That guy was a full on idiot!  Your daughter is lucky she has a mom whole will back her up and teach her how to confront someone who is as unkind as that guy!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:27:17 pm »
Its a shame that one guy had to ruin her experience, at least every one else was nice.  Tell Gabby to be proud of herself...she sounds like a smart little girl...and she's a cutie too.  And you are such an awesome mom to stick up for her.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:16:21 am »
I am so sorry that she had to go through that! That guy was an a#$! Obviously he has no heart.
She's lucky to have a wonderful mom like you.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:19:56 am »
Under the circumstances, I'd have slapped him one. Your little girl is correct as your cat is probably genetically a blue eyed albino rather than a pink eyed albino, so he's a double a**hole.

It's bad enough shouting down a little girl when you are fully grown man, but when what you're telling her is WRONG to boot, you deserve pity for being so pathetic.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:23:28 am »
Good on you for telling him off! And as the information he was giving her was incorrect, he's not only an A**hole, he's also an IDIOT! Twice the special!

I hate stupid people. Go you for ripping him a new one ;)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 04:25:12 am »
Poor Gaby! That guy's an a**!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 04:26:17 am »
I'm so sorry for your daughter!  But she does have a Mom to be proud of!!!

Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:09:12 am »
http://messybeast.com/whitecat.htm

What a jacka55!  (sorry Jack  :-* )  Gaby is a smarty, she knew MORE than that grown-up man did!  She should be proud of herself!   :-* smooches to Gaby too...we should BPO band together to Chi-town and big paw his butt! Although you did quite well all on your own Kristi!!  Go girl! 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

kristi

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:45 pm »
Softhug-
What a great site link!
See, I knew that albino cats don't have red eyes - the vet told me, but I didn't know that it was due to the structure of their eye - cool!
When you take a picture of MarcoPolo, his eyes do turn red (not green) from the flash!
I wish I could remember the name of his cattery - I would print that & send it to him!
GRRRRRRR!
-k.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 02:16:56 pm »
I'm sorry that happened to Gaby...It just breaks my heart! :'( B.t.w., I have cat that I suspect is albino & his eyes are blue...The look very red when the light hits them right though.

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34:14 pm »
The guy is a loser! Tell your daughter he only said those things because she proved she was much more intelligent at her age than he will ever be, and the only way he could handle that was to be mean.

Weedsport, NY

cricket36580

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 09:29:15 pm »
I just can't believe he's still able to walk!  You mean to tell me you didn't take out his kneecaps?  have you learned nothing????  LOL  Gabby did good.  Tell her Ms Cricket is sending her big hugs!  Stupid little people can't help but be mean and hateful.  They have nothing more to occupy their time or thier minds...