Author Topic: I THINK he meant well....  (Read 5288 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
I THINK he meant well....
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:42:44 pm »
I had the dogs out in back playing this afternoon when our new neighbor's son (7th grade) came out to meet the big guys.  He liked the look of Cowboy but said Chester looks like a shaggy Lab with big lips....

Hmmmm.  Interesting.  Not too sure how to take that.  Was he saying my dog's ugly????  We pretended it was a compliment.... .

k2campbell

Re: I THINK he meant well....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 06:45:21 pm »
Hee hee hee - was probably Chester's color that made him think he looked like a lab (similar to a chocolate lab)?  But I must admit - I like the "big lips" comment, which I'm sure he meant as "bigger than a labs'" lips!  Too cute!  ;)

Was Chester offended?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 06:47:35 pm »
Nope!  He just wiggled all over and tried to give him kisses. It was pretty funny...it's one of those moments when you walk away and think Huh?? 

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 07:05:28 pm »
Nope!  He just wiggled all over and tried to give him kisses. It was pretty funny...it's one of those moments when you walk away and think Huh?? 

Aw - Chester wiggled and tried giving him kisses, he's such a good boy!  ;)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:38:28 pm »
Poor Chester. I think that you have two of the cutest boys in the whole world Mari. And I'm glad that Chester was in no way offended by the kid's comment. He probably thought to himself, "Me? Lab? Big Lips? Pfffft....I'm so handsome and you can't even compare to my beauty".
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 11:49:18 pm »
Thanks guys!  Makes me feel better.  We all giggled over the shaggy and big lips comment tonight over dinner and decided that Angelina Jolie has done well with big lips (okay, maybe she's not shaggy!) so we'll count it in the 'compliment' column.  He's such a sweet pupper, no matter what, that I really don't care what anybody else thinks.  It's just another giggle stimulator!

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:56:19 pm »
6th and 7 th graders often put lips into gear without first engaging their brains, trust me, I am living with one. He probably never thought a thing about it being a bit insensitive. I think Chester is a beautiful shaggy baby, and as for the big lips...where else could the drool come from?
Stella

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 07:07:17 am »
Thanks guys!  Makes me feel better.  We all giggled over the shaggy and big lips comment tonight over dinner and decided that Angelina Jolie has done well with big lips (okay, maybe she's not shaggy!) so we'll count it in the 'compliment' column.  He's such a sweet pupper, no matter what, that I really don't care what anybody else thinks.  It's just another giggle stimulator!

Shaggy is a good look on Chester! And big lips have done well for LOTS of famous folks. Where do you think collagen injections came from? ;D Tell him not to worry, Sadie still thinks he's hot stuff. And she says if that boy says anything mean about her boyfriend again, she'll come out there and poo on his foot.  :-*
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 02:20:07 pm »
Thanks Sadie!!!  Chester sends drools and kisses!!  He's glad SHE thinks he's hot! (and he thinks the same thing about her!!)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 07:46:02 pm »
hey...maybe Chester is the Mick Jagger of Newfs! Which means he's a chick magnet and rocks  ;D

I think both of your babes are bee-you-tea-full ... amazingly handsome.  Sometimes I get secretly glad when Barkley 'accidently' slimes someone who  has been considering him in any way other than the majestic kingliness that he deserves  ::)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 08:04:17 pm »
Hey!  Thanks!  I didn't even THINK of Mick Jagger!!  Of course!!!!  He's done okay with big lips and a shaggy hair cut! :D :D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 08:13:53 pm »
Sometimes I get secretly glad when Barkley 'accidently' slimes someone who  has been considering him in any way other than the majestic kingliness that he deserves  ::)

haha I love that too...and Kali knows (I think they all can pick that one person from the crowd who has the most cringieness) and is sure to give them a wet sloppy kiss across the face.

And Kali's in love with Chester too!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 09:04:47 am »
ahhhh adolescent boys...... they know not what they say!!!

Chester is one hot newfie, and Cowboy is too!

We love them!