Author Topic: Boo is being spayed today  (Read 8010 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Boo is being spayed today
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 08:22:47 am »
Boo had a tough time of it.  They made her wait an extra 1/2 hr because she wouldn't get up.  The surgery took a lot longer than they anticipated (they don't get very many Great Danes) so she was still out of it.  Called me in back to see if she would get up for me.  She wanted nothing to do with it.  Finally the vet tech got a towel under her belly and got her up.  My father and I ended up carrying her upstairs and she went in her cage and that was that.  She then refused to walk up the stairs yesterday morning after going out so I ended up calling a friend to help me carry her up again!  Took my daughter to school and stayed home for the day.  She got up in mom's bed, snuggled up to my stomach and stayed there for four hours.  She woke up and it was like she was a different dog!!!  They did send her home with pain meds and I did give them to her so that may have made a difference too.  Finally this morning she woke up and started acting like herself (stealing stuffed animals, following me everywhere, getting into trouble).  I'm glad b/c when I saw her Tuesday night I started crying.   It didn't look like my Boo.  Thank goodness this only needs to be done once b/c I don't know if I could go thru it again!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 08:28:36 am »
I'm so glad Boo is back to her old self.

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 07:47:46 pm »
It is awful when a dog is still under the influence of a GA isn't it? They are just not the animal you love, and it makes you worry about what is wrong with them.

Glad that she is getting back to her old self now. I had to have one of my Newfs spayed last year, I cried my eyes out all the time she was at the vets, and then when I picked her up and she was still groggy I cried some more! What are we like? :D
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Dobe SDs

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 10:20:36 pm »
Stuff like that always seems to be tougher on the "parents" than the fur-kids.  I'm glad she's back to her old self!