Author Topic: My First Big Dog Injury  (Read 3280 times)

MommyOfSchnauzers

My First Big Dog Injury
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:34:49 am »
Well, other than the every day bump heads with her, big feet stepping on you, etc.   Saturday we were out in the yard playing with the dogs.  Ladybug was chasing Dazy and Dazy was looking behind her while she was running.  I turned just in time to see Dazy smash into my left leg.  She is right about knee high on me.  My knee hyperextended and went one direction, my ankle went the other direction and I went tumbling to the ground.  My friend's husband is a physical therapist and he came by and checked it out.  I have a severely sprained ankle and have pulled (and hopefully not torn) the acl in my knee.  Big fat OUCH.  I am still sore.  Getting around a little better.  My PT freind brought me a knee brace and an ankle brace, so I have been using those when I was going to be up and around.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: My First Big Dog Injury
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:30:42 am »
Yikes , it sounds like that hurt :o Hope you feel better soon!
RIP former BPO

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:46:04 pm »
 :o  I have had that happen on a golf course in the pitch dark ! My lab at the time he was about 90pounds was chasing my smooth fox terrier and did the samething to me.The lab was black and you could not see him in the dark . That same night he jumped out from behind a tree and knocked the wind out of my smooth fox terrier !  Bad carbo well needless to say i think that was the begining of my knee problems silly dogs if they are not hurting each other there hurting us and don't even realize it! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:01:11 am »
Ouch luckily i've never been clipped that bad....but Kali and Lacey have gotten me a couple of times.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 01:17:53 am »
Ouch, been there.  Bear frequently runs while looking behind to be sure Nakita's chasing him. 170 lbs slamming into you at a full run is no fun -- especially when there's no opportunity to brace yourself! :'( I hyper-extended my knee last weekend in just this kind of situation and feel your pain. :(  Hope you feel better soon and there's no lasting damage.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:18:52 am »
OH no :o I hope you are feeling better soon.