Author Topic: Another question - male vs. female?  (Read 9856 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Another question - male vs. female?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 05:08:54 am »
Of coarse the males won't carry your purse...How unmanly that'd be! :D

Eider will carry a purse...  Then again, he'll carry just about anything. ::)
Daphne

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 07:57:07 am »
I thought Pyrs and Kuvasz were similar in temperment. Although it's not like I've met alot of either to compare.

I have to tell this story.. I'll never forget the first time I met a Kuvasz. I was volunteering at a local vet clinic and the tech asked me to go get him from the kennel. As I walked up to him he peeling his lip up and showed me his rather large pearly white teeth. So I went back to the tech and said I don't think he wants to come out he's showing me his teeth and I'm not going in there. She busted out laughing while I stood there confused. She said 'Didn't anyone tell you?' Umm no what. 'He's just smiling at you, his owners taught him to smile and he does it to everyone when you first greet him'. OMG LMAO So here I am freaking out and all he was doing was smiling at me. :D

But back on topic here.. I prefer males. They are goofy, loveable cuddlebugs. I find female to be a little more independant and aloof. The female my parents have is downright cranky 90% of the time, not cuddly at all. 

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 08:34:07 am »
My only problem with male dogs - OK my male dog; is that he shows his dominance by mounting other dogs - we had to drop out of agility because he would do the run perfectly then before I could get him back on the leash he would find some poor dog and mount it (girl/guy didn't care).  He was fixed at about 6 months old; he is obedience trained (not that he listens) and still goes at it every chance he gets!!

Yesterday, in fact my daughter had a play date when the girls father came to pick her up he brought his goofy male yellow lab before I could yell his name he was on top of the other dog!  Harley is the first and only male dog I have ever owned.

GR8DAME

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 08:43:23 am »
Merlin is the reserved one with people here. He is very approachable on leash and off his territory, but at home he must evaluate visitors before they touch him. He has never been aggressive, just avoids being touched. He is also the most protective of the three as far as his pack is conserned.
Strider's main goal in life is to slaver as many human beings with dog spit that he possibly can. And eat collars.LOL.
Raven (My lone female)is the best with people, not as exhuberant as Strider or as picky as Merlin. She is, however, the absolute worse with any other animal. And it is not a matter of growling and being obnoxious, she will and has gone for the kill.
Stella

Offline Hugo_Boss

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 09:54:39 am »
She's SOOOOO sweet!!! WoW! What a pretty girl! I think if we ever get another Dane, we'll get a girl. Hugo is our male Dane and is SOO sweet, but we're curious on the differences between them.

Very cute girl! SO SWEET!

Below are some pictures, hope you like them.

He's nine months old (just about) and weighs about 120 pounds.