Author Topic: WOOD BURNINGS OF AIDAN AND BEAUTY  (Read 13586 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
WOOD BURNINGS OF AIDAN AND BEAUTY
« on: May 29, 2005, 05:47:15 am »
Hello!  Sorry its been quiet lately, severe muscle spasms in my back and neck took me to the hospital and now home off my feet for another 4 days.  Getting better though thank god!  My husbands friend does wood burnings of anything and everything by request, self portraits, kids, flowers, and.......DOGS!  Look at what he made for us!  I am considering putting these on my website as an "example"  where people can then send in a picture of their favorite four legged friend or 2 or 3 and have one custom made for themselves.  What do you think?   Mine are not finished, i want the edges routered and then totally laquered to protect the wood and the burning, but I just love them!
Ona diferent note we are picking up Misty June 1st and I will post pictures then!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: WOOD BURNINGS OF AIDAN AND BEAUTY
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 08:15:12 am »
That's very cool!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 08:36:05 am »
Wow!  I love those!  I've never seen anything like that before.  And I can't wait to see the new addition :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 08:58:14 am »
Let us know when they can be ordered.

Lisa, Dixie, & Sugar Bear
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 10:24:05 am »
They are really really very nice, I saw something similar, well not of dogs but wild animals at a hmmm southern spring show I think it was called here in Charlotte. They had a couple that had been up for awhile that had not been lackered and yes I would absolutely lacker them. I wouldnt mind them myself, please let us know when you have it up on your website, and by the way, I may have missed that somewhere, but what is your website???? I would love to go check it out.

And I am really sorry to hear about your back. Have I missed that too lol.... Have you problems with your back, or is this something new??? I hope you get to feeling better real soon, just bring your beautiful doggies to bed with you and I know that will help  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 10:42:41 am »
I am talking to him today and will let you know, I am not sure when I will have them up on my site but I do know if you wanted one or more, you could probably send me the picture of exactly what you wanted burned into the wood, typical size is 8x10, but he does larger pieces, I have to set up paypal button etc on my site and get his prices and shipping prices.  He is VERY fast I know that!  I just gave him the pic's last eve, and they were done today.  My brother in law is going to be working on my web site and adding a spot for these.  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 10:48:39 am »
My back and neck spasms are new, Physical Therapist said common for nurses, computer geeks etc...LOL!  I have apparently been holding my shoulders "up" not relaxed as I should, wasso bad I could not literally raise myself out of bed, my husband had to put a hand behind my neck and on my mid back and slowly raise me up, it was EXCRUCIATING.  They put me on valium and that did NOTHING so we had to go to the hospital for shots of pain meds, all day long before I was released to home, PASSED OUT literally but hte pain was gone.  Now back on valium for 4 days to keep the muscles relaxed and an oral pain med to keep the pain from causing the muscles to tense, what a god AWFUL MESS!  our web addy is www.kildeskenn el.com , as soon as I can work out all the details of placing his "talent" and orders on my site I will notify everyone.  It should not take very long.  Shana
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 11:09:55 am »
ouch.... that sounds real painful. I have fibromyalgia and from time to time when it gets real bad I get the shots but for the most part it can be dealt with by oral pain meds. Hubby had torn rotator cuffs (sp??) in both shoulders so we have gone through all the nasty pain management routines, so I can totally understand what you are going through and I feel for you. I hope the meds will help and the muscles get to relax and snap out of it. Did they think you would be more prone to these problems in the future too, or can it be just a "one timer"

Ohhh and I cant believe I have not seen you website before, It is very nice, and I will look for when you get the wood burning up and running, I am in  no hurry, but it is such a neat thing so I really would like at least one. Do you know if he can do a bigger one with two heads on same??? Are you planning on keeping yours indoors??? The ones I saw at this show they had booth in and out doors, I think it would look great to have one as a hmmmm what is it called, placker???? sign????? on my door or maybe by the mailbox, but only if they can be outside without getting ruined.

Marit

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 11:32:44 am »
He can do whatever you want, he just did a portrait of one of my friend's daughter and to look at the photograph and then the burning is amazing!  My upstairs living area is being remodeled and the 'Theme" is ......Kuvasz!  Soooo mine will be inside, but I know others have theirs outside.  I am just getting his price list together and checking into shipping costs etc..So hopefully within the next week I will have everything set up on my web site. 
Regarding my back, it is not something I will have lifelong, but they felt totally stress induced, I have a habit of hunching my shoulders and rolling them inwhen I am charting at the nurses station, and I do alot of "running" with emergency situations, after the "rush" is over and I sit to do documentation the stress is in my neck and shoulders, I will be starting PT and learn to use different body mechanics etc...Then we have the time I spend at my computer and that is a similar position with my shoulders up instead of relaxed and "hanging"  Anyway it will be ok, I just have to work on it.  It feels like a very unnatural position to have my shoulders in a "natural" position, which in itself tells me I have been posturing wrong for quite some time. 
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 11:48:30 am »
That sounds great, thanks.

And when I went to PT they had me sit on a ball among many other things, said I had a terrible posture, I dont think I had it before I got fibro. but the pain in itself makes me hold shoulders and arms in a strange position. And I am sure all the posting on here is doing it a world of good hehe. I am glad to hear that you wont have to have it for life though. Be sure to take care of yourself, mind you I know how hard it is with kids and dogs and other pets. Good luck with your TP

Marit

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 12:09:35 pm »
LOL!!!!! Marrit!  I am laughing at your typo!  I just have to say it! HEHEHEHEH!!! I never have trouble with my TP! It comes off the roll just fine!  PT on the other hand may be a bit hard!   LOLLOLLOLOLLO!!!!!!! ;D :D
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 12:23:37 pm »
LOL!!!!! Marrit!  I am laughing at your typo!  I just have to say it! HEHEHEHEH!!! I never have trouble with my TP! It comes off the roll just fine!  PT on the other hand may be a bit hard!   LOLLOLLOLOLLO!!!!!!! ;D :D

hahahaha glad I can cheer you up  ;D hope you read my post about the dog we rescued last night, I only got one hour sleep, had I had my normal amount I would NEVER make such a typo hahaha  ::)
Ohhh and dont forget I am swedish, we dont do well with other languages  :P

Marit

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 02:49:17 pm »
I did not see your post about the rescue....Wher e can I find it?  I must say lately I have been a "marshmallow" head with hte meds on board. You did make me laugh very hard!  It was very much needed!
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2005, 10:56:14 pm »
 ;D I am glad you had a good time lol..... just dont make your back worse again. The rescue story is on thread "we found a dog"

Marit