Author Topic: Talk about schizoid neighbors  (Read 12360 times)

doggylover

Re: Talk about schizoid neighbors
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 06:19:37 am »
Steal him!! Steal him!!  Poor old boy deserves better.

;) ;)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 06:22:10 am »
Oh that makes me so sad!  My first dog was a basset hound and they are such sweeties!  Steal him!! Steal him!!  Poor old boy deserves better.

I second that! I hop you get the oportunity to rescue that sweet old bassett.... I still have a yucky pit in my stomach from reading your post... that bassett deserves way better.... and that owner should be in jail!

cricket36580

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 06:38:07 am »
Either you get him or I'll come for a visit and get him.  I really do love bassets.  They really are great dogs.  What an idiot for an owner.  I do feel your pain.  Try living in the middle of the good ole boy redneck Bible thumping south!  Of course they do no wrong...Makes me want to choke the spit out of them.

Fundemental - I didn't realize you were new here.  Welcome!  And please do post some pics.  We would love to see them.  And yes, a livestock killing dog is not the same as a housepet gone for a few seconds.  The dog harrassing us is a hunting breed and is only doing what he's bred to do.  Same reason my danes aren't allowed into the goat pens or in with the chickens.  And under the law, a livestock killing dog dies.  Period.  It's the reason I haven't called the animal control people.  Personally, I think the owner should be the one who gets beaten....or starved...or something equally as heinous.  And if her dog tears up one more pen, I'm going to be the one to do it to her.  This is Alabama after all...there LOTS of places to hide a body.

Offline redbreast

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 07:50:46 am »
First I would like to thank everyone who supported me after my Honey got booted.  I never intended to cause any conflict and I'm sorry that I did.
Doggylover - I highly recommend the next time that poor basset comes into your yard you take it to your local Humane Society and after the owner does not retrieve him, which I'm guessing he won't, then you or another nice person will adopt him.  But on the downside buttholes like that will probably just get a new dog to abuse. :'(  I will never understand why people like that even want a dog. ???