Author Topic: Talk about schizoid neighbors  (Read 12280 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about schizoid neighbors
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 08:08:06 am »
I am not confused either.  Pet owners know that at least ONE TIME in their pets life they will leave the yard, snap the chain, get away, etc...and the minute they leave the property whatever  deemed necessary to punish the dog for leaving the confines of the invisible line in a yard even if it is for what15-30 seconds? ::)  ::)  ::) 

Since some people can't just be nice maybe this thread should be done.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:34:34 am by jabear »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline fundamental

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 08:10:42 am »

actually, i wasn't being mean at all, just stating the obvious - keep your pet out of other's yard and there won't be a problem.

and i was also against any sort of violence against the animal.

but, sure, let the thread die.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:35:01 am by jabear »

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 08:13:05 am »
Sorry about your neighbor, my neighbors have been slobbered & drooled on, leaned up against, and even play pouncing, one of my neighbors kids will lay down on the ground and get licked to death, and they all thought it was great, I guess I should count my blessings to have such nice neighbors.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 08:18:25 am »
Hi,

I'm not confused I agree with you and your sister.
Sorry Winslow 151!!!...I guess I used your words to make a point...I didn't mean to getcha! :-* :)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 08:24:24 am »
Hi,

No problem, a good venting is important!!  ;)And doing it online is way better than doing it in person!! Sometimes we can hide behind a forum name in the nether land of the www and poke jabs  ???I just enjoy the support here and look forward to it like 95% (arbitrary selection of the percentage) ;) of the posters here seem too!!

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 03:54:20 am »
I would have probably kicked the neighbor.
That is why we live in the middle of no where.
I do let my Pry run but when the farmers aren't in the field. They will occasionally come up when the fields are being looked at to ask to take Cujo  with them because of the coyotee population out here it just makes them feel better to have him there and know that he can and will take one down. The three brothers that farm out here are in their 70's so walking around fending off a wondering coyotee isn't an option.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 04:30:05 am »
They will occasionally come up when the fields are being looked at to ask to take Cujo  with them because of the coyotee population out here it just makes them feel better to have him there and know that he can and will take one down. The three brothers that farm out here are in their 70's so walking around fending off a wondering coyotee isn't an option.

That is amazing and I'd be so proud to have such a trusted dog -- that neighbors seek him out for his protection.

I really wish I could live out in the middle of nowhere so Einstein could run around all day and discover his potential!
Sarah

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 04:39:45 am »
The farmers all know him so he is good with them. Plus he knows when we welcome someone in the yard and when we don't know if they are there.

cricket36580

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 05:01:07 am »
I didn't post right away cause my first reaction was to say that I probably would have jumped the neighbor.  I thought I would think about it a little but I've come to the conclusion that I really would have kicked the snot out of the neighbor.  I'm having issues with one of my neighbors right now...but it's her dog not mine that's causing the problem.  And she doesn't care if the dog dies or what happens to him.  (he's killing my livestock) So I'm going after her instead.  The dog can't help being a dog and I don't think he needs to die because his owner is a complete moron.

Offline fundamental

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 05:08:58 am »
I didn't post right away cause my first reaction was to say that I probably would have jumped the neighbor.  I thought I would think about it a little but I've come to the conclusion that I really would have kicked the snot out of the neighbor.  I'm having issues with one of my neighbors right now...but it's her dog not mine that's causing the problem.  And she doesn't care if the dog dies or what happens to him.  (he's killing my livestock) So I'm going after her instead.  The dog can't help being a dog and I don't think he needs to die because his owner is a complete moron.

i think violence is never the answer, but the sentiments expressed here do back up my assertion that it is the dog owners responsibility in every circumstance to keep their pets in their own yards and under control.

it is a simple fact and if followed, there would be much less tension between neighbors, and everyone would get along better.

i live in a small, rural neighborhood that has at least 10 dogs in it, and the majority of these dog owners couldn't give a flip what their dog is doing to bother the neighbors.

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 05:21:45 am »
Our closest neighbor takes his dogs in the field with him and they come in the yard sometimes. As neighbors and ones that get along, I  either whistle for the guy or let his dog go. It isn't bothersome out here. There are only three houses out here and all three of us have dogs. We all feel that we moved out here to have the property to allow our dogs to roam. We never try to hurt one anothers dog nor do we get upset when they get away from the other neighbor. When it is an accident such as this was and the owner responsible takes or tries to get the dog immediatly then that is not an irresponsible owner.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 05:40:29 am »

i think violence is never the answer, but the sentiments expressed here do back up my assertion that it is the dog owners responsibility in every circumstance to keep their pets in their own yards and under control.

it is a simple fact and if followed, there would be much less tension between neighbors, and everyone would get along better.

i live in a small, rural neighborhood that has at least 10 dogs in it, and the majority of these dog owners couldn't give a flip what their dog is doing to bother the neighbors.

I still think you are confused fundamental... the issue of an animal left loose to kill livestock and a house pet that crosses an invisible line into a neighbors yard for 15 seconds are TOTALLY different issues.  Like comparing apples to cucumbers...ob viously you don't see the point so we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue.   

I saw a post on this thread earlier inviting you to introduce yourself and your pet.  You have yet to do that.  It would be nice for "the BPO family" to get to know one of the newest members on a thread besides this one. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:50:13 am by Softhug »
"That's the problem."

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 05:48:32 am »
Fundamental do you have a dog.  ???  I notice you are a recent member here so welcome to BPO.  ;) I also see you have 6 posts all on this thread. Have you looked at the topics and read any other groupings.

I think you will find that this community will side with their Fur Kids in every instance, also we all accept responsibility for our Furkids and their behavior. Like skin kids they make mistakes we reprimand and correct those mistakes in both species. If your neighbor let their pets roam free please point them to BPO and they can get the best education available on how to Parent a fur kid properly.

You are barking up the wrong tree  ;D if you think this community is going to fault a pup for a mistake and side with a violent act on that pup then sadly you found the wrong forum.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

doggylover

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 05:59:53 am »
I have a problem that is sort of the 'flip' side of this.  We live on acreage, right in the middle of the ghetto.  One of our neighbors has this dopey, old, basset hound that wanders into our yard and gives our rotty a coronary on a fairly regular basis.  The second time I saw him (the first time I caught him) I found a tag on his collar for the number to call to talk to his owner.  I called, the guy said he'd be right over, I told him he better hurry cause 'harley' got away from me and ran into the field.  A few minutes later, the owner drives his car into the field (to far away for me to get over there quickly enough) and proceeds to beat this elderly dog.  He then throws the dog (literally throws) into his car and leaves.  Next time that dog comes into my yard, I'm nabbing him.  I'm gonna feed him a bunch of yummies so he doesn't want to leave and if the guy calls I'm gonna say, "huh?  I haven't seen that dog around here" while his dog licks my face. 
 Living here is like in that movie, "The Sixth Sense" only instead of dead people, I see tweakers. 
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 02:45:11 pm by jabear »

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 06:02:53 am »
Oh that makes me so sad!  My first dog was a basset hound and they are such sweeties!  Steal him!! Steal him!!  Poor old boy deserves better.
"That's the problem."