Author Topic: Big dog...Little dog...  (Read 4585 times)

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
Big dog...Little dog...
« on: April 12, 2006, 06:15:09 am »
I love it when the big dogs and little dogs get along so well, its just so cute.  This is Brutus and my Chihuahua mix, Choo-Choo from a couple of months ago resting on the couch.  This is at my new place, and we (the humans, the dogs supervised) had been working all day laying down laminate floors.  The poor dogs were tuckered out, so they decided the couch (without coushions, mind you) would be a good place to nap.  Brutus isn't normally allowed on the couch-due to his sheer size, but I thought this was so cute, I didn't make him get up.

Emily and the gang

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Big dog...Little dog...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:19:18 am »
I think that is so cute when  a big dog and a small dog are together. I am always leary of the combo though.  But it is cute. I know Cujo tries to step on our cats to stop them from running from him just long enough to smell the but they are faster than him.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 06:19:47 am »
Great pictures!  I LOVE Choo-Choo's ears!!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 06:25:18 am »
soooooo adorable! I LOVE when "the bigs" and "the littles" (what they are called in my house) get along!

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 06:25:56 am »
I understand the concern.  These two aren't ever left alone together.  I'm afraid Choo-Choo will scare Brutus, and in his attempt to get away, he will step on her!  Back when Foster was here, he and Brutus would run full speed chasing each other.  Choo-Choo decided to get in on it one day, and she was hit by not one, but both the Danes.  It didn't hurt her-just her pride, but she learned to keep her distance from Dane feet from then on!  It scared me to death until I realized she was just rolled around and not hurt.
Emily and the gang

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 06:27:24 am »
Here's another picture of the two together...loo k who is taking up more room on the bed, lol!!

Emily and the gang

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 06:29:59 am »
Oh I didn't mean that you would leave them alone. I know the first time that I walked CUjo and Shamus together I was so afraid that Cujo would pull the I am the dominant male thing, but he was a gentleman as long as Shamus stayed one step behind him. If Shamus got ahead the race was on.It was like walking two bulls they were trying their best to pull out of my hands until I had to stop make both of them sit and smell each other again then everything was fine.

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 06:41:54 am »
Gosh, I just read my post, and it kind of sounded snotty re: leaving them alone, I didn't mean for it to sound that way, sorry!

I just meant that I understand and share your concern about the big uns accidently hurting the little uns.
Emily and the gang

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 06:56:07 am »
Not a problem , I read my post as if I was the one sounding judgemental.