Author Topic: I can't believe this ! (a gripe about a vet)  (Read 9083 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe this ! (a gripe about a vet)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 07:15:00 am »
Oh I forgot to tell you there are people that'll make bracelets for you out of the tail hair.  I know a friend got one done by a lady in CA. 
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

kristi

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 08:08:27 am »
I am so sorry that you have to go through this...
It is such a hard decision to make & to have someone be so unkind - it is just not right.
I had to make the decision to put down my beloved cat at the age of 9 - I could not bear to see her suffer.  I was in the room & held her head at they gave her the injection.  I still cry - it's been almost 2 years & I miss her so. 
I agree with ZooCrew & Jacksmom - keep some of his tail hair - speak with the vet & then decide if you want to be there with him when it happens...
Please know that we all send our love & will be here for you...
-k.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe this ! (a gripe about a vet) *update*
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 07:34:26 am »
Well , we spent Saturday with the horses , grooming and loving on them , Speedo looks like a walking skeleton , but is still so happy and is actually walking on his leg better than before , we moved them to a new place Saturday with TONS of grass so we've decided to give Speedo two weeks , as long as his knee holds out ( we believe it was as bad as it was due to the cold weather) and he starts gaining weight ( he always looses weight over the winter) ... So everybody , please pray for Speedo to get better fast ! We know this will be his last summer with us as we won't make him try to survive another winter with arthritus , but I NEED more time with the old man and if his pain can be kept managable , and he gets weight on I know we can spend one more wonderful summer together as a family !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe this ! (a gripe about a vet) *update*
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:36 am »
we moved them to a new place Saturday with TONS of grass so we've decided to give Speedo two weeks.

Glad you're getting to spend a little more time with him. Just be careful you introduce him to the grass slowly if he's not used to having a lot because he can founder or colic if he gets too much too quickly. Also do you feed him grain and if you do what kind? There are a bunch of good grains that'll help too.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 10:39:05 am »
I have him on Equine Senior , there's not many brands here to choose from but it seems to be a good one ....
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"