Author Topic: Not a moment too soon...  (Read 8356 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Not a moment too soon...
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:30:17 pm »
Been up to my ears the last few days and will be for a few more days but I wanted to give ya'll a quick update.  I'll have a lot of reading to catch up when things quiet down!  Finally decided to call the new Pyr Carter.  We loved Kipling but it got shortened to Kippy which just didn't sound very dignified.  They are AMAZING!  I am so in love already.  Wed night DH and I were outside doing some things and heard some racoons fighting not far from where we were out by the barn. Thurs night I picked up Katie, the Anatolian. Fri I picked up Carter, the Pyr. Last night we heard a yip followed by "woo, woo, woo," then another yip, followed closely by Carter's reply. That happened about 5-6 times. Coyotes. Carter was neutered on Thurs, we picked him up Fri (not ideal, but it was the only way all the timing could be worked out between her schedule and mine). Carter wasn't here an hour before he was patrolling and "woo"ing. Katie is out there now with tail up on alert, Carter is "woo"ing about something. They are both INCREDIBLY sweet towards people. Katie is disgraceful in her desire to have her belly rubbed. Carter LOVES to chase a ball, give kisses and be petted. Now if they'd just warm up a bit more to each other! Carter thinks he'd really like to get to know Katie better but she just keeps taking hair out of him. Saves me some brushing I suppose  Anyway, I can't believe how great both of these dogs are so far and not a moment too soon! I've felt naked in so many ways since we lost Thor in Nov. Feels good to hear that reassuring "woo, woo" out there at work.  I haven't even had time to get pics and not sure I want to!  Carter is a mess!  He's got a cone on to prevent him from licking and he's filthy.  You can't see it from the pics but he's terribly thin.  He's considerably taller than Thor was but weighs only 2/3 what Thor weighed.  Granted Thor was heavier boned but Carter is painfully thin!  I've got some ideas to put some weight on him (puppy food and satin balls) and he's happy to eat so it is just a matter of time.  I made about 20 lb of the satin ball stuff and am adding that to his food.  Katie didn't eat Thurs or Fri but started eating a bit on Sat when I mixed in some of that Satin ball stuff.  Gotta run!
Daphne

Kiahpyr

Re: Not a moment too soon...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:53:40 pm »
I'm so happy to hear that things are going well. I like the name Cater. It's certainly very dignified. I sure he'll put of weight soon.

mjjensen

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 07:57:27 pm »
  Congratulation s on your new additions. It sounds like you're going to have your hands full for a while. Looking forward to pictures when things calm down.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 08:00:44 pm »
Yay!!! I'm glad to here that they're working out and I'm sure they'll warm up to each other eventually.  Keep fattening Carter up and you need to post pics!!!!! We don't care if they're dirty!!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 08:28:33 pm »
A pyr bark can sure make you feel safe.  I can't wait to see those photos. If I wait until Dixie is clean for photos I would not have any of her. ;)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 08:48:19 pm »
Yes, pics are definately in order here.  Glad to know you are hearing the "woo woo".  I know that makes you feel safer!  Hugs...

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 10:31:18 pm »
Congrats on the new guys.  Sounds like they are settling in wonderfully.  Can't wait to see some pics of them.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 06:58:01 am »
Managed to get a few shots when the sun came out for a few minutes today. If his incision looks ok tomorrow, I'll probably take off the cone.  He keeps trying to run between the duck pens and keeps crashing into them.  Like a bull in a china shop.  The ducks don't much appreciate that!  Not sure how many pics I can get in a post so I'll do a few at a time.  First Carter.  In the 3rd pic of Carter, he's using his cone like a food bowl to help him eat his cookie.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:00:18 am by longshadowfarms »
Daphne

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 07:02:51 am »
Now Katie.  She's much more photogenic so it was easy to get a good shot of her.  She's very delicate, ladylike, elegant.  A Princess with a captial P.  And one of Eider (who thinks he's a big dog) carrying his leash ::)
Daphne

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 07:29:12 am »
Love the pics!  They are both so handsome and pretty.

mjjensen

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 07:43:26 am »
  Great pictures! They both have beautiful faces. I love the first two of Carter. His face is so expressive.

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 09:51:30 am »
Your dogs are really gorgeous.  Clean dog?  What's that?
Ronda

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 09:52:21 am »
Your new additions look wonderful! I just love Carter's expression!

Blair

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 09:57:09 am »
Awe they are both so handsome and pretty. Congrats on the new additions. I look forwqard to reading about them and seeing more pictures  :)