Author Topic: So I nearly lost Cider because of a Dickie Dee Guy...  (Read 3779 times)

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
So I nearly lost Cider because of a Dickie Dee Guy...
« on: April 29, 2006, 05:39:57 am »
OMG.. So I was walking Cider.. we are working on loose leash walking. Dickie Dee guy is coming down the street every so often ringing his bells. Gets 20-30ft to Cider, starts ringing them out of control non stop. Cider strains at the end of the leash, freaks out, and snaps the end of the leash she is so scared, and the guy thinks it's hilarious.
I miraculously call her back, and we have to jog for more than a block to get away from him because he won't leave her alone.
I called dickie dee in town, they are really sorry, and plan to tell their people to leave dogs alone.
Nearly had a heart attack over it, came home and I was shaking more than her...
Guess that'll nicely regress our walking skills but at least she didn't bolt in front of a car or just keep running.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 07:48:17 am by Jacksmom »
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: So I nearly lost Cider because of a Dickie Dee Guy...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 06:44:12 am »
For those who do not know what a Dickie Dee is, its a person that peddles an icecream cart that looks like its attached to a bike.
I was gonna ask. I thought maybe some kind of hare krishna bell ringing zealot or something.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 08:08:38 am »
If you weren't so far away I'd offer Kali to you to help get revenge.  Kali loves icecream and would probably take out the cart and the dude.  An over excited Kali-monster would definitely cause serious pant-crappage!! ;D  Haha I'm sooo evil sometimes!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 08:33:55 am »
If you weren't so far away I'd offer Kali to you to help get revenge.  Kali loves icecream and would probably take out the cart and the dude.  An over excited Kali-monster would definitely cause serious pant-crappage!! ;D  Haha I'm sooo evil sometimes!!

This sounds like the way to go!  I think I'd be tempted to go find the guy and put a serious hurting on him.   >:(  He needs to lose his job. 
Daphne

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 09:03:53 am »
Oh, that is horrible!  I didn't know what a dickie dee guy was, but I can assure you Gunther would react in the exact same way.  He's skittish around bicycles already, and add a bell and I would have 124 lbs of freaked out dog.  >:(

I would start carrying some pepper spray with me.  Of course he didnt' get close enough for you to use it, but if he had, he would have thought twice about scaring dogs and their people.

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 10:35:58 am »
I was gonna ask. I thought maybe some kind of hare krishna bell ringing zealot or something..
ROTFLMAO that is the best thing I've heard all damn day..

I've had bad run-in's in my normal life with creepy folk.. To the point where I started joking with friends I needed a dane or dobe for protection (in looks only figured most losers would be scared even if it was a sucky loving dog). 

I'll take anyone's baby's for babysitting though.  lol.  Love to scare our a** of a mailperson too, his attitude towards my furbaby has been harsh with her in my own yard..

She's always been sketchy with bikes even though I'm not sure she saw that this was a bike through the freezer.  But he was so loud neighbourhood dogs were howling..

*kicks dickie dee guy*

Imagine if I had a breed the general public percieves as scary though and my dog broke loose?  Could have been a nightmare..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:39:03 am by MafiaPrincess »
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 07:02:46 pm »
I would start carrying some pepper spray with me.  Of course he didnt' get close enough for you to use it, but if he had, he would have thought twice about scaring dogs and their people.

Ooooooo, that's even better!!!!!!
Daphne