Author Topic: I'm so mad, My blood ran cold...  (Read 12354 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I'm so mad, My blood ran cold...
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:57:57 pm »
I came home from work yesterday to find a receipt for a certified letter. I went to pick it up this morning before work. As I sat in the Post Office parking lot reading it, I felt my blood actually run cold through my veins. It is from the Subdivision witch hunters ( AKA Homeowners Committe). It states that my neighbors believe that I am raising and selling dogs. WTF I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE WHEN ALL MY DOGS ARE NEUTERED!!!!!!!!!!
They go on to state that the number of dogs vary from day to day. YA RIGHT, I had 6 dogs when I moved in and have 6 now. They might not all be outside at he same time but it is still all the same dogs.
 I am trying to reach the Lawyers that sent it to me. I've called three times already. And seem to be getting put off.  I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:58:39 pm by K9ldy00 »
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so mad, My blood ran cold...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 12:05:00 am »
Oh, I am sorry...my inlaws live in a neighborhood like that... need permission to put up fence and it can only be certain colors and height etc... christmas lights can only be white etc... so frustrating, you almost feel like you renting...and i guess your neighbors have nothing to else better to do than complain about you...

It is odd, people (some of them) just dont like dogs

Sorry
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:10:03 am »
When I moved in here 7 years ago, I asked the person I bought it from if there were any subdivision rules. They told me no. The first I heard about it was 2 weeks ago when they put flyers out on a Wed. saying they were going to have a meeting on Sat. at 10:00 am. I had to work that day so I had no idea whats going on. If I would have known I doubt I would have bought here. I don't like people dictating how I keep my life.
Dog Mom to

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:26 am »
Oh I am so sorry to hear that you have to go thru this. Some people love nothing better than to cause chaos in other peoples lives. I hope everything works out for you :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:14:46 am by Icerotti »

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:15:20 am »
Oh, I am sorry...my inlaws live in a neighborhood like that... need permission to put up fence and it can only be certain colors and height etc... christmas lights can only be white etc... so frustrating, you almost feel like you renting...and i guess your neighbors have nothing to else better to do than complain about you...

It is odd, people (some of them) just dont like dogs

Sorry

That sounds like where I live. Curtains must be white, nothing on the doors without permission, nothing can be hanging off your deck like plants or anything, etc. It's obnoxious. I just had a little scuffle with a neighbor over her dog and Sadie, and it worked out ok in the end, but Homeowner's Associations can be brutal.

Do you have a copy of the bylaws for your HOA. Is there a limit to how many dogs you can have? You obviously have proof that all of your dogs are fixed, so don't worry about this particular complaint. Just be careful with your neighbors, because once stuff like this starts, it can escalate quickly. But as long as you're dotting all your i's and crossing all your t's, (which I'm sure you are) you have nothing to worry about. I'll be thinking of you. You probably need this like you need a hole in the head. How's Tealk doing by the way?
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:26:07 am »
Tealk is doing very well. He thinks he's suppose to run and play already. He still has 4 more weeks on crate rest. He got his sutures and staples out yesterday. He goes back to UT Vet school May 24 for xrays to see how well he is healed. Hopefully the he will be able to play then.
Dog Mom to

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 12:30:01 am »
Glad Tealk is doing well ;D

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 01:03:49 am »
Ah, jeez.  I HATE stuff like this.  Probably it's one little old lady with a power-issue. 
Sarah

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 01:10:47 am »
OMG that made me laugh so hard...neighbo rs deaf and blind and think i have one dog LMAO

i know it isnt good for them to be that way but the way it came out cracked me up
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:13:06 am »
Get copies of your vet records for each dog in case they intend to drag you up in front of the board, as well as any records from groomers, pet sitters and such. They can all testify to the altered status and the actual animals that have been in your care over the last year. Telling them that your neighbors are interfering idiots with too much time on their hands won't be enough. Prove it to them.
It sucks that you even have to be bothered with any of it.
Stella

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 01:54:02 am »
I finally got in touch with the lawyer who is represnting these witch hunters. I told him I had 6 dogs when I moved in 7 years ago, I have 6 dogs now and  they are all neutered.  As for the noise complaints, all my dogs are in the house while I am gone to work. The neighbors claim they can hear them howl while I am gone. ::)  I cannot belive it can be that loud. I told the lawyer of course they howl when I leave for work and they howl when I get home. I cannot belive their howling would be any more noise decibels then say a weed eater or a lawnmower. I also explained I have no children and 6 kids would make a heck of alot more noise then my dogs do. I also told the lawyer that kids ride up and down our street on their 4 wheelers which is not ideal but I manage to tolerate it. People should get in the habit of live and let live. I also told him if they have a problem with me, give them my phone number and don't hide behind all this paperwork mumbo jumbo.
Dog Mom to

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 01:59:40 am »
REmember -- calm-assertive pack leader!  You can whip those pansy home-owners into a nice calm submissive pack if you maintain confidence and show you're the ALPHA!

Too bad we couldn't all come down there for a visit and let your neighbors find out what a bunch of big dogs REALLY sounds like!  That would be too funny.
Sarah

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 02:06:21 am »
Quote from: BabsT on May 03, 2006, 02:10:47 AM
OMG that made me laugh so hard...neighbo rs deaf and blind and think i have one dog LMAO

i know it isnt good for them to be that way but the way it came out cracked me up

I live in a very old neighbourhood.  Its actually called Little Poland lol, which is interesting for the young scottish girl   It is literally all elderly people. I actually had one say "wow that dog has a very high pitch bark" lol they were talking about Atticus, but it was Sable barking.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread....sorr y..sorry..sorr y

I don't consider it hijacking . I appreciate everything all of you have to say.  I especially enjoy a good laugh ;D

To bad my neighbors weren't blind and deaf. Maybe I could arraign something with my old Mafia friends from Chicago ;)
Dog Mom to

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 02:11:24 am »
Association bylaws/rules etc bite.  We live in a Condo development with a bunch of rules too.  No one has ever complained about anything ... but that's just ridiculous.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 02:44:39 am »
If one of us could win the really Big Lotto, maybe BPO estates could become a reality

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,9508.0.html

I'm ready
Dog Mom to