Author Topic: I'm so mad, My blood ran cold...  (Read 12277 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm so mad, My blood ran cold...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 02:48:05 am »
Oh that is a fabulous idea! 

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 02:49:19 am »
If one of us could win the really Big Lotto, maybe BPO estates could become a reality

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,9508.0.html

I'm ready

I'd be there! Sure beats paying a mortgage and having the worst of both worlds (renting and owning). That's what kills me. I pay through the nose so I can have no control over my own home? What?

What was the lawyer's response when you explained the situation? Is this the end of the issue? I don't blame you for expecting your neighbors to talk to you instead of hiding behind paperwork. It's just common courtesy.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 03:01:25 am »
The lawyer said he would tell them what I said and they should be glad I addressed it so quickly.
 I still have a feeling someone is going to try to cause trouble. As there is a nuisance or annoyance to the neighbors clause in the subdivision bylaws. But I feel that is kind of vague. That is a matter of opinion. In my book when someone runs the weedeater or leaf blower for hours on end, that is an annoyance. If I have to rent one of those noise decibal meters I will. We will see which one is louder. The howling or the leaf blower.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:02:35 am by K9ldy00 »
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 03:19:03 am »
The lawyer said he would tell them what I said and they should be glad I addressed it so quickly.
 I still have a feeling someone is going to try to cause trouble. As there is a nuisance or annoyance to the neighbors clause in the subdivision bylaws. But I feel that is kind of vague. That is a matter of opinion. In my book when someone runs the weedeater or leaf blower for hours on end, that is an annoyance. If I have to rent one of those noise decibal meters I will. We will see which one is louder. The howling or the leaf blower.

In my bylaws, it says noise levels have to be "reasonable" before 7 AM and after 9PM and to excercise courtesy during all other hours. Not that anyone does. If I had to guess, I'd say the leaf blower is probably a heck of a lot louder than your pooches. It does sound like your neighbors are just trying to start trouble. Just keep your head when you're dealing with it and you'll be fine. It's important to understand clearly what the bylaws say though, so you can prepare yourself and have a leg to stand on if they push the issue further. Good luck!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 03:28:35 am »
Get a chainsaw and, and take up learning how to do chainsaw carving.  Might want to take the muffler off for added effect.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:30:07 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 04:21:18 am »
Or, you could just buy yourself a harley davisdon motorcycle and put custom pipes on it.   ;)  We'll see who thinks you're too loud then.   ;D

I find this absurd.  If you've had the same dogs for the past year, I would think people would be somewhat observant to recognize they are seeing the same ones and not different ones. 

As for the noise complaint, that is just harassment on their part.  I don't like barking dogs any more than the next person.  BUT, if they are in someone's house, I certainly am not going to complain about that.  I would soooo much rather have barking dogs in a house, which I can somewhat ignore, than have them outside making a fuss.

I hope this can get resolved for you soon.  This seems to be happening more and more.  Really, people need to learn a bit of tolerance and learn to co-exist with others.  Nobody's perfect, and you can't expect to live in a perfect world that caters to your every need.  These people need to get over themselves and find some better way to occupy their time.

Offline Siberexpress

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:29:44 am »
All I can say, is they will find out who the ALPHA is if they want to pursue this, I can get mad and still kill them with kindness at the same time.
I also know that in some states the HOA has to give you the bylaws within a certain time, and I do not think that it is 7 years, but I am going to be doing some studying this weekend  ;D
If it doesn't have a double coat, you are not getting enough fur in your diet.
Ken

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 10:27:01 am »
If they really want to press the issue, record your baby's for the time you are at work for a few consecutive days.. and see if they really are fussing much.  I've known a few people with neighbour issues who were either able to prove their dogs rarely fuss, or not much at all when they do, or that the neighbours were purposely trying to tick off the dogs and get them to howl, even indoors..
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

GR8DAME

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 08:33:10 pm »
Or, you could just buy yourself a harley davisdon motorcycle and put custom pipes on it.   ;)  We'll see who thinks you're too loud then.   ;D

You don't even have to buy. I have the Harley, with straight pipes no less.  :o Sets off car alarms parked on the street for a two block radius if you crank it. We can even throw in a Honda, just for fun. :D
I'd love the excuse..ROAD TRIP!!
Stella

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 10:39:05 pm »

You don't even have to buy. I have the Harley, with straight pipes no less. :o Sets off car alarms parked on the street for a two block radius if you crank it. We can even throw in a Honda, just for fun. :D
I'd love the excuse..ROAD TRIP!!
Stella
Get a chainsaw and, and take up learning how to do chainsaw carving.  Might want to take the muffler off for added effect.

I love the way you guys think. :D
I was just on Ebay shopping for some bark collars, I wish everytime my dogs get shocked from these collars that whoever was complaining about them could feel the shock also ;D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 12:20:50 am »
Are the windows, shades closed.... I do tht and keep the AC on to drown out the outside noise LOL

i keep my dogs inside when I am not home because of barking (which i know they do) and because they are just plain old safer inside vs. outside

the only problem with just bark collars is that they will go off even with a rumble or growl...

I use electric collars on my dogs but havent had the need to use the bark mode...

have you tried the citronella ones?
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 12:33:50 am »
I love the way you guys think. :D
I was just on Ebay shopping for some bark collars, I wish everytime my dogs get shocked from these collars that whoever was complaining about them could feel the shock also ;D

Sounds good to me!  Maybe you can run an electric fence into some of their houses!  LOL! 

I have some of the citronella collars and have been very pleased with them.  Did the job very quickly and humanely.  Jesse was the worst offender and within a few weeks, he didn't bark any more at night (he'd been habitually barking at 3 am we think because he wanted to move to a new sleep location and dominant Josh wouldn't let him).  Josh is gone now and Jesse doesn't wear the collar any more but when he was wearing it, I only turned it on at night so he could bark at important things during the day.  They claim to work better than the e-collars.  Don't know about that but it is more of an annoyance to the dog than anything.  Not painful.  I think I got mine through Jeffers - www.jefferspet .com 
Daphne

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 01:35:11 am »
Smart dogs learn to avoid the citronella though. They bark and leap backwards, and don't get the full spray in the snout, or figure out if you bark non stop you empty the collar..
For dogs it works on it's awesome, just plenty of dogs are too ingenious for them.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~