Author Topic: Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?  (Read 58371 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2007, 03:04:33 pm »
Welcome!  Zoey is adorable and I have to agree, I don't know how you could ever say "no" to her.   :)

BTW, I'm the proud mom of 1 Golden Retriever mix, 2 Pyrs and 3 human kids and I just started posting, too.  I think that you'll love it here and you'll love the pics of puppy "Lucian"!!  ;)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 06:53:20 am »
Hi I have a rott/dogue de bordeaux (yes aka french mastiff) and here she is!

She is named after Peyton Manning (we live in Indianapolis and my boyfriend LOVES the Colts. We picked the name because she is gonna be tall, lean, muscular too though and she is gonna have a big head! (size not ego!) And most of all...she is quite vocal. She uses her voice for everything! If she isn't talking...she must be into something!

Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 07:44:33 am »
Hello!  I'm the Dad of the aforementioned Lucian! Welcome to the forum!  DDB's are characters - I can't see myself not having one in my life!  Here is my little guy (10 weeks now!)
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline Auburn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2007, 08:43:05 pm »
I also have a DDB. His name is Steiger. He is actually five moths old today! Being a former Rottie owner turned full time mom (my last rottie passed when Lily was less than a year) I wanted to dog similar to my Rotties but just a touch more laid back. Our drooling ottoman (Steiger) is the perfect fit. lol. All that hard headed oneriness I love without the high excercise requirements. We are also home to a tiny 9lb Boston Terrier "Kuzi" and a Frenchie named "Bill". I worked as a professional dog trainer for years when I lived in VA. I have to say that the DDB is the easiest Mastiff breed I have come in contact with to train. Followed very closely by the Boerbel. Possibly even a tie....Anyway, I love my boy. As soon as I figure out this picture thing I will show off our baby boy. Thank you for letting me post!

Auburn.
Auburn.
AKA Steigers mom.

Offline Auburn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2007, 09:15:19 pm »
Just checking my profile pic. lol.
Auburn.
AKA Steigers mom.

Offline Auburn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2007, 09:32:43 am »
To those who sent me private messages... I think I sent you ones back.lol...If not please just let me know.
Auburn.
AKA Steigers mom.

Offline ddbmommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 12:23:30 pm »
YES:) i've been looking for other owners, i own a gorgeous 7 month old girl named coco, still figuring out how to post pics but she is in my profile :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 01:53:14 pm »
Welcome ddbmommy and also Coco.  I'm Misty and owned by ...well, they are all listed in my signature.  Coco sure is a beauty and I look forward to seeing more pictures and reading stories about her.  Glad you found BPO. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline HarleysMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2008, 12:22:52 am »
This is Harley!  He's 1 yr old and what a joker.  He is from Kittimer's Zeal and Kittimer's Love from Ohio.  He's only @ 110 right now, but he's still has a little growing to do.  He's our first Dogue and we would definitely get another.  We also have a Choc. Lab and a Lhasa Apso.  They all get along great.  Can't get anyone to play with Harley though.  He's gets too rough.  We've noticed this week that his back ankles are a bit unstable.  He has no pain or lameness. Maybe just a little stiffness.  They "pop" out to the side when he walks.   We took him to our vet and he felt that it was part of his development.  We don't want to take any chances that may cause long term damage or problems. How can we be sure?  Any suggestions?  We'd really appreciate any info we can get. 
Thanks!

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2008, 06:26:51 am »
He's a great looking dog (douge) :D  HE will not mature fully for another 6-10 months so the popping joints is not uncommon.  There was just a thread about that very topic withan English Mastiff not too far back. 
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Auburn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 09:43:35 pm »
Steiger turned one year in December. He is currently 145lbs. Still just as crazy about him and his breed as ever. I just took new pics. I will try and post them in a bit.
Auburn.
AKA Steigers mom.

Offline kellrotti

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:03 am »
hello I have a Dogue De Bordeaux! he is about 10 months old now and I have had Rotti's all my life. And when my last one was putdown due to lymphoma I had to decide what kind of dog I wanted. When I was ready I decided on a Dogue! Boy am I happy he is so funny. I dont see many of them in my area. I am a vet tech and there is only 1 that comes to our office. I would love to chat with you about my funny guy
Kelley :)