Author Topic: Not so coordinated yet!  (Read 4052 times)

lins_saving_grace

Not so coordinated yet!
« on: June 02, 2005, 08:04:23 am »
Grace is a big dog at heart but often gets stuck in the most inconvenient postitions.

dohertyswissy

Re: Not so coordinated yet!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 08:28:33 am »
OMG - Ranger does that exact position too...in the car!!! 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 08:31:01 am »
When daddy drives (I mean Mario Andretti) they tend to fall into that position in the back seat.  :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:40:39 am »
LOL!...I know how that is!...Samson is such a big dork!...I have been assured over & over that he will be the picture of grace when he is all grown up...I'll believe it when I see it...lol!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 08:53:02 am »
Maia is good at getting excited and falling on her head.  It is hard to describe but I will try.

As she jumps around her front foot or feet will buckle and down she goes on her head.  She will either hop back up or proceed with her excitement on the floor. 

She also still walks under Rocco even though she is as big as him.  The best is when she tries to stand up completely before she is out from under him and she picks his back feet off the floor.  I think she will always walk under him even when she is a lot bigger than him.  The funny part is he stands there like nothing is happening.
I'll try to get a picture of her going underneath.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 08:26:11 am »
For years Greta has been in the opposite position - with her front end up on the bed/couch and her hind paws on the floor.  She has always needed her rear end boosted up for her.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 08:50:06 am »
Thats too funny greek4, my dog Cha-Cha does that to my Dobie Ace and sometimes she lifts his back feet off the floor too, it is sooo funny :D  She does over and over and over too, I love to watch them play they are just big dorks.....lol

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 10:28:03 am »
Yeah, our guys are total dorks too.  Ranger seems to have no idea that his back end is actually connected to his front end.  

Also, he has a giant tennis ball (like, 3 feet in diameter giant) and sometimes when he is playing with it, he will get both front feet up over the top of it and kind of roll forward over it til it is stuck under his belly.  Since it is so big, he can't get off, and has to just balance there, touching only one foot to the floor at a time, til someone comes to rescue him.

When he was going to class at the Humane Society, his teachers would say "We just love Ranger, he is so regal and dignified."  We were always like "Excuse me, have you MET him?"
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 11:19:26 am »
Grumpybunny, where did u get the giant tennis ball?  My Dobie Ace LOVES tennis balls, I think he would faint if I got him a giant one :D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 12:02:33 pm »
Grumpybunny, where did u get the giant tennis ball?  My Dobie Ace LOVES tennis balls, I think he would faint if I got him a giant one :D
My fiance' got it for them at PETCO (he actually works there - not the greatest job in the world, but yay discount!)

If he ever gets out of bed this morning, I will get the details on it for you - if they usually carry them, how much it cost, etc.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*