Author Topic: BPO New England Hits the Cape  (Read 23474 times)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
BPO New England Hits the Cape
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:27:14 am »
Hi,

Ok it looks like a tentative plan to hit the shores of West Dennis (Fumbles' Beach) on Saturday May 20th!! ;D

Who's in and what are you bringing!!  :)

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: BPO New England Hits the Cape
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:39:54 am »
well obviously we're in!! :)  i'm thinking mayflower beach.. we can lug our stuff out onto the beach, but it's really close to the parking lot.  and there probably won't be too many people out there.  even if there are the beach is HUGE! esp when tide goes out..

super easy to get to...

if you're going rt 3, go to the end and then go 1/2 way around the sagamore rotary.  go over the sagamore bridge (that's rt. 6).  stay on rt. 6 and get off on Exit 9B.  Merge onto RT.134.  Go to the end where 134 meets rt. 6A.  take a left at the light at 6A.  you're gonna be on that for like 5 min.  Take a right onto Bayview Rd (across from the dennis market) stay lefT onto Dunes Rd!!  after that you're going to stay right twice at forks!  mayflower is at the end of the road. you'll hit a dead end and have to take a right into a parking lot.  go through that parking lot down to the lower one. 

from 495.. stay on 495 as it turns into Rt. 25.  go over the bourne bridge, at the bourne rotary go around 3/4 (the 3rd street).  Go down that road till you reach RT. 6.  you might not see the sign, so keep your eyes out!  get on RT 6 and follow directions above. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:46:47 pm by Fumble »
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 11:53:41 am »
Erin and I will be there with Kali. Its going to take us 2:40 to get there so we need to know what time we're aiming for Erin mentioned 11:00 is that the goal. We can make the Veggie pasta salad again and maybe potatoe salad. We'll see what everyone else is bringing.

We need someone to bring extra water for Kali along with all the other dogs as we will be limited on space. Tim

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 12:42:58 pm »
Sadie and I are in! We'll bring extra water and bowls for the kids and some sort of dessert. My little mini Newfie is going to be so excited to play with the big kids.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
oh yah!  now i have a question!  do you all want to do the beach picnic thing, bring your beach chairs and towels and stuff.. or do you want to maybe go romp around in the ocean and then come back to stacy and my house for a barbecue???  it's up to you all! just let us know!

"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:05:50 pm »
The barbecue is totally up to you guys. If your willing to open your house to all of us that would be awesome. Make sure its okay with Stacy ;), we're just excited to be coming out to the Fumb's stomping grounds.  Tim
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:25:09 pm »
actually it was stacy's idea! lol!  but i wasn't sure if everyone wanted to do that typical lunch thing on the beach! :)  hehe!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:26:34 pm »
actually it was stacy's idea! lol!  but i wasn't sure if everyone wanted to do that typical lunch thing on the beach! :)  hehe!

I'd be down for whatever, all I'm gonna say is - that's a LOT of Newf in one yard! ;)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:35:39 pm »
I was on erin's account oh well. Stacy is really does love the fumbs, even if he eats her things :D. Shawna you know you can never have enough Newf.

ps  Shawna did you get my pms beginning of the week?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 06:27:13 pm »
Zoey wants to go but I think we are going to be out of this one  :-\ I don't feel comfortable having zoey off leash without a fence, plus she is afraid of the ocean and I can only imagine what she would do on a beach with fumble trying to woo her  :-X
RIP former BPO

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 06:41:13 pm »
i'm thinking we should do the lunch on the beach!  just cause i kinda want to! lol!!! :) 

aww!  we will definately miss zoey!!  i've really never let fumble off leash either, partly because i'm afriad that other people are afriad of him!  but if there are other dogs around i know he would care less about the people!  and especially zoey! lol! he actually hasn't tried to get busy with anything!!  knock on, wait that wouldln't sound good! lol! oh and that he would probably jump in ocean and swim to ireland!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 06:42:38 pm by Fumble »

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 09:18:39 am »
Bump....One week to go ;D

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 09:55:38 am »
well.. i just PMed and invitation to a bunch of people in the NE area letting them know about the playdate! *if i missed anyone, i apologize! i was never strong in geography, and i used the pawprint search with just the town names! lol!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 10:28:26 am »
I was on erin's account oh well. Stacy is really does love the fumbs, even if he eats her things :D. Shawna you know you can never have enough Newf.

ps  Shawna did you get my pms beginning of the week?

No, I'm sorry! I've been so tired from doing CATS and I didn't check that email address! I very rarely look over to see if I have PMs. I'll give you my work email at the playdate, that's a better way to get a hold of me.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 01:34:18 pm »
Hi Folks,

So is there stil a cape  ??? Can you believe all this rain!! They are shutting off the Water in Lowell because the water treatment plant is a foot away from flooding!! :-[

Well they say sun for Saturday so I'll be there come he$% or high water which we should have.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad