Author Topic: I'm just trying to take a shower....  (Read 10121 times)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
I'm just trying to take a shower....
« on: May 11, 2006, 11:40:38 pm »
OK, am I the only one who has this problem? ???  I just got out of the shower, and once again it was a trying time.  Bella will be minding her own business, but as soon as I get in the shower, she has to stick her head in the entire time!  She drinks a little water, tries to lick my feet, and even tries to lick shaving cream off of my legs!! :P  After a few minutes of dodging her tongue, I can't help but laugh!  She's just nutty when I get in the shower!! ;D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: I'm just trying to take a shower....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:04:05 am »
Nope.  Cider hates the bath.  If she's in the bathroom even on a blanket she shakes the entire time I'm showering..  She's slowly getting desensitized.  My issue is getting out of the bath.. she wants to lick me dry..
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:10:39 am »
Since we don't have a shower...My Bella does it in our baths.  It can be rather disconcerting to have her looming over you trying to lick shampoo out of your hair.  She's not as bad as she used to be...sometimes I can get through half a bath before I have to share it with her....   ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:59:01 am »
That is hysterical!
The chances of my babies sticking their heads in the shower is...ZERO! However, they will come for a quick visit & kiss when I am in the tub.... just as long as they don't have to get near the tub water...ha!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:00:06 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:59:02 am »
Been there!!  Boo does it all the time.  I've learned to watch for her because the first time she did it, I had my back turned and she licked my leg.  I almost fell out of the shower I jumped so high :o  Most times I just close the curtain again.  Sometimes she'll try and worm her way back in, sometimes she'll lay down and sometimes she eats the toilet paper.  But if I put her in the shower to give her a bath, she freaks out.  Go figure...

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:22:43 am »
Three words for you all. Latching shower doors. Without them my showers would be a zoo, as Merlin can open any door in the house, and Strider HAS to be in the middle of whatever I am doing. Given the opportunity, mine will just jump in and join you, and the shower is not built to accomodate that many.LOL
Stella

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 07:30:53 am »
OMG, that is hilarious! ;D  It must be a dane thing. Hahahaha!

Oh geez!  You should see bathtime at my house.  Well, no you shouldn't, you should just take my word for it--it's a zoo!  ;D  This started with Marley who LOVED the taste of soap.  She would lick it off faster than I could lather up.  I can't just keep my bathroom door shut, but that's another story.  I tried to dodge her tongue for a long time, then I finally gave in and would lather up one knee really good just for her.  Well, Mattie, who had NO interest in my baths before this wanted to get in on the soap action, so both of them would hover over me.  I thought that when Marley passed away, Mattie might stop the soap thing, but Noooooo!  Now she has Lucy joining in the fun.  Now, to top all this off, Buddy likes to drink out of the bathtub.  I turn the faucet on for him several times a day.  He doesn't understand why I don't like him drinking while I'm in the tub.  He thinks the slime would add something special to my beauty regimen, but I beg to differ.  He also likes to spend time lying on the bathroom floor, because it's so cool.  So, there are many mornings when I have Buddy lying on the floor after sliming me and Mattie and Lucy climbing over him to lick the soap off me.  YIKES!   :o :o :o ;D

Holly

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 07:33:41 am »
Three words for you all. Latching shower doors. Without them my showers would be a zoo, as Merlin can open any door in the house, and Strider HAS to be in the middle of whatever I am doing. Given the opportunity, mine will just jump in and join you, and the shower is not built to accomodate that many.LOL
Stella

I agree Stella . We too have a latching shower door--thank god. If I dare leave it open a crack so I can hear my daughter--I am no sooner then showering with a Vizsla and a baby weim ::) Sometimes a rotti trying to drink from the bottom of the shower floor ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 07:43:38 am »
OK, am I the only one who has this problem? ???  I just got out of the shower, and once again it was a trying time.  Bella will be minding her own business, but as soon as I get in the shower, she has to stick her head in the entire time!  She drinks a little water, tries to lick my feet, and even tries to lick shaving cream off of my legs!! :P  After a few minutes of dodging her tongue, I can't help but laugh!  She's just nutty when I get in the shower!! ;D
if I don't close the dog to the bathroom I too have big noses prodding at me the whole time.  My husband's shower has those latching doors but my bathroom is a shower curtain wall thing.  But Lady and Grace love to help me clean up and shave and empty the tub.  They both LOVE the bubbles when I put bubble bath in the tub.  :)  it's funny but aggrivating.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 09:12:51 am »
Try having a newfy trying to climb in the shower with you as well as the aussie.  They love to lick your legs too and it freaks me out.  Luckily I usually am able to keep them out of the bathroom, but if they're being naughty I get at least one and sometimes two if they both squeeze in fast enough ::).  So no you are not alone.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 10:02:58 am »
Bear gets in the shower to drink water from when I am using the facilities. He climbs in the whole way and drinks then happily hops out.  ;D

As for the shower thing, although he doesn't try to get in with me I have yet to take a shower alone in 3 years. He loves to lay down next to it whenever it is in it.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 10:32:31 am »
I have to close and lock the bathroom door because Cowboy LOVES, L O V E S to take showers with me.  He comes right in and gently pushes me aside to get under the water.  Sometimes he just lays on the floor of the shower and lets the water pour over him!!  Can I tell you what the bathroom looks like when he shakes at the end of the shower??!!!  We can go through 4 bath towels drying both of us off...and the walls, and the floor!!!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 10:39:23 am »
Oh, yes.  You reminded me of the lotion thing.  If I put on any type of lotion, but especially any pretty smelling kind, Bella will not stop licking.  She must love the smell because I can't imagine that it tastes good. :P  I have to hurry to get something over me because she will follow me around the entire house trying to lick!
I guess I should be thankful that Bella hasn't actually climbed in like some of you deal with! ;D

Our lab does that, too. I was thrilled when we moved and got a corner tub and a latching door for the shower. Now, she can't reach me when I sit on the other side. But you still have to be really quick to say "Don't lick!".  ;) It freaks me out when they lick my legs, too.  Do all dogs love the taste of lotion?   ::)

Julie

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 10:54:03 am »
if I don't close the dog to the bathroom I too have big noses prodding at me the whole time. 

Freudian slip? 

Einstein wouldn't DREAM of coming in the bathroom.  Most he does is sit outside, but if there's water running, he'll sit as far away as possible.
Sarah

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 12:10:46 pm »
Sadie likes to get in the shower with me. She doesn't even have to be licking the water. She just wants to get wet. She'll just use her head to move the shower curtain and hop on in. She just stands there in front of me, getting into the water if she has the chance. Riley likes to put his head in near the faucet and drink anything that comes out. At least he doesn't hop in-I'd really be out of room, then.