Author Topic: The Cable Guy isnt very bright  (Read 9195 times)

Blair

The Cable Guy isnt very bright
« on: August 24, 2005, 04:12:03 pm »
We have Cable internet and with that we have cable phone, our phone line is through the cable. Well I guess our phone is messed up, and my husband has been trying to call me all day. Usually if our Cable is messed up so is our phone, that really sucks about cable phone. So he called the cable people to come over. Well the phone on my end works, I can make calls but cant get any. So with out knowing the problem, I call my husband just to talk. And he is like did they fix it, and I am like what in the world are you talking about. He called to have the cable people come out and look at our cable. Well I am on the phone with my husband when all of a sudden Grey jumps up and starts barking, very loudly too. I turn around and see the Cable Guy, he just walked into my backyard without even letting me know. I couldnt believe he did that, he is lucky my dogs were picked up in the house. I was so upset I wanted to yell and hit him.

Kiahpyr

Re: The Cable Guy isnt very bright
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 04:19:43 pm »
Do you have a fence? I want to put a sign on ours. I've read on another pyr chat group that you shouldn't use signs that say Beware of Dog. The reason for this is if your dog bites someone then you knew your dog was vicious. I guess people are getting sued over this. The dogs where inside the fence protecting their territory.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:24:15 pm »
Yes I have a fence, he just walked through my gate. My dogs were inside the house, and Grey seen him through the window and jumped up and barked. Now keep in mind this is my lazy never barks dog. I heard the samething about the sign, thats why we dont have one

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 04:51:14 pm »
We just have one of those signs that says I can make it to the fence in 3 seonds...can you. But no beware sign.

Cable guy was not too bright at all. You think that would be one thing they check out first off. Maybe he is a newbie. :-\

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:35:20 am »
Ice I want one of those signs I think the are both cute and funny. I have a door mat that says, please ring the doorbell and run, the dogs need exercise hehe.

I have heard the oposite though, that if someone comes into your yard and there is no sign to warn them for dogs who might protect "their yard or area" you might be in trouble because you didnt warn them. Now I am totally confused lol..... I wonder which is correct. I think I have to try and look that up, after all you want a sign, but if it means you might get in trouble should someone get in and the dogs protected the house or yard I certainly dont want to get into more trouble because of a sign.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:33:01 am »
marit i've heard the same thing.  if there is an attack, and you didn't warn them...you were at fault.  i've never heard the other way around.....but im sure its true.  i think pretty much either way...your gonna go to court.  this is america people...its our favorite past time. 

this is how i see it.  if i buy a house, or even here with my little patio area.....sign or no sign, people better be asking permission to enter MY property.  its my money, its my chunk of this world....and if MY DOGS ARE THERE, it's theirs as well.  they are gonna protect it, or not if its cody lol, and the only way to avoid that is to give me warning and let me bring them in or put them on a leash, or just tell them its okay and be out there with them.  if someone walks onto MY property, without my permission, and my dogs eat them.....i think it's their fault for thinking that is an okay way to act. 

stupid cable guy needed a bite in the rump....BUT since that isn't how the world works, i guess it's best that didn't happen. 

OH THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 03:51:21 am »
Actually I think the sign of Ice's is good for both cause you are both warning them and not actually saying beware...

That was a stupid cable guy... but was he cute?  Maybe that could offset some of the stupidity

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 03:57:45 am »
dude....I LOVE THOSE SIGNS!  I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE!  im not saying anything bad about the sign.....infac t, i WILL have one....as well and numerous other amusing ones. 

BabsT

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 04:16:12 am »
Maybe you should keep the gate padlocked?  I know its your yard and your property etc...BUT this day and age, people are sue happy...I am also getting a sign that reads 'K9 on premises'  To let people know that yes I have a dog and it is in my yard...

Good Luck

People are also very stupid like the cable guy LO

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 04:17:10 am »
I love that sign too...it is very cute!!

wasn't implying you didn't - probably didn't come out right cause it is so late and my synapses aren't firing as fast.. :D

Anyway - I am going to get that sign...except the deadlest thing around her are my 5 and 10lb dogs...they are a force to be reckoned with (whatever that means)

Blair

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 05:21:12 am »
Actually I think the sign of Ice's is good for both cause you are both warning them and not actually saying beware...

That was a stupid cable guy... but was he cute?  Maybe that could offset some of the stupidity

No he was Butt A$$ ugly LOL

We usually do have a lock on  the gate, thats why I was so shocked he was back there, I guess my husband forgot to put it back on  ::). I was sitting at my computer desk, on BPO of course, when Grey jumped up and started barking. The funny part I could see the moron from my kitchen window, kinda, and when he heard Grey barking he ran LOL I go outside to talk to him and he is acting like I am the moron in the situation   ::)

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 06:59:25 am »
An answer for you all about the signs....

I really wanted to know the answer to these questions. So, I was sure to get them in one of my law classes. Here's what I found out. Having a sign is a good idea, because it warns the stupid people. However, you are not exempt from liability weather you have a sign or don't have a sign. Even if say, a guy named Bob got bit, and you had a sign up saying, "Bob, you are DEFINITELY going to get bit if you come in my yard.", and he got bit, you could still be liable. The assumption is that simply by having a dog, you KNOW and ASSUME liability, no matter what they do. Because they're dogs, and they could bite. Does that make sense?

You could have a twenty foot fence with signs on every square inch, and still be liable if someone climbed it and got in and got bit. Basically the thing to remember here is that dog bites are a CIVIL issue, not a CRIMINAL, so there are no hard and fast rules. Basically, the person getting bit would have to sue you. And then liability is decided by a judge or jury at the time, based on the specific circumstances.

I hope this helps. And, personally, I say hang the sign. It could prevent someone from getting hurt (either a stupid person or your dog) and it won't make you any more or less liable. However, since often a jury decides liability, it could make a jury feel more sympathetic to you if some dumb-@$$ gets bit in your back yard.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 07:15:06 am »
Thanks for finding that out for us. Now I'm on the look out for a sign.

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 07:25:20 am »
No problem-O!

I remember when I was in high school....some idiot broke into the theatre and fell into the orchestra pit and broke his leg. He sued the school and WON just because there SHOULD have been a cover over the orchestera pit. The jury decided that even though he was breaking the rules by breaking and entering, the school was negligent in not covering the pit. Anyone could have fallen in, not just some thief. It was totally B-S, but....it just illustrates my point.

Basically, nothing you can do will prevent money hungry morons from suing you, so you may as well put up a sign to prevent the legitimate people from getting hurt. Ya know?

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 07:44:26 am »
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/

This site has a pretty good general overview of dog bite laws, I've found it a good resource.