Author Topic: Fingers crossed (Job interviews tomorrow)  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Fingers crossed (Job interviews tomorrow)
« on: August 25, 2005, 03:55:11 pm »
OK I have two job interviews tomorrow.  One at a stuffy regular receptionist job (9 AM ) and one at this advertising place (10 AM) that I want to work at SOOOOOOO bad.  During the phone interview today the guy I was talking to said that he had to let me know that they're all really weird and that they look for any excuse to throw a party that their very Un PC, and OMG I want to work their so BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It just sounds like I'll fit in and advertising and marketing is hat I've always wanted to do!  It's only 3 days a week but the hourly rate is more than I was making before and I can still bartend or do something else.  Here's the website www.bedfordgra nite.com

SQUEALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

Re: Fingers crossed (Job interviews tomorrow)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 03:56:44 pm »
Keep fingers crossed for you Ang!!!! And the boys are crossing their paws for you  ;)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 03:56:53 pm »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY! Good luck, Ang! That sounds SO fun! I will be sending good luck Ang vibes out to ya all morning tomorrow! That is so awesome!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 04:03:33 pm »
Cool website! Make sure you tell them you visited their site and what you like about it.  Good luck! All paws crossed here!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 04:09:35 pm »
Good luck!!!  :)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 04:11:20 pm »
Yeah, Ang, jjfritsche is right - it looks awesome if you show some familiarity with their site and some of the stuff on it.  Really shows you did your homework....  But you knew that....   :D

I hope hope hope you get the job that you want.  I know just how you feel - when I interviewed with MP3.com and walked in and saw the people with the blue hair and tattoos, and the graffiti on the walls and the big chain link fence around the work area so that they could lock us all in (as a joke) and felt the vibe there, I was felt like I had come home,and I HAD TO WORK THERE....

Fingers and pawses are crossed for you here!  Please let us know as soon as you get home tomorrow how things went....

Do you know what you are going to wear to strike that perfect balance between professional and "really weird"?   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 04:19:00 pm »
Good Luck!

Good question Marsi. I would not have a clue as to what to wear like that kind of a work environment/interview. Hope you get it though!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 04:25:58 pm »
Good Luck!!! ;)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 05:36:19 pm »
Marsi,

Honestly I have like NO clothes, I wonder what they would think if I showed up nekkid? :P  Because I have an interview right before, I have to be kind of conservative.  Snazzy jeans, nice heels, a clean tank top and a light jacket.  Kind of nonchalant professional, or what normal people wear out on a daily basis.  The guy I spoke with on the phone said "I don't know what you have to wear to your other interview but we don't have a dress code here.  Shorts, halter tops, whatever..."  I said "Are you hinting?"  He laughed and said I had a good start. ;D

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 05:55:58 pm »
GOOD LUCK!!!  Knock 'em dead!  Fingers and paws crossed!

Anakalia

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 05:56:35 pm »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!  Hopefully everything will go well tomorrow and you get the job right on the spot!!  Wouldn't that be awesome? lol  Good luck and remember, JUST be yourself!  And don't puke.... lol  OH and call me when you get home to let me know how things go, you know I like to keep tabs on you!  JK   ;D

Andi

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 06:42:17 pm »
Well good luck...now use some positive visualization to get the job you want..Picture yourself parking in the parking lo everyday, answering the phone with the company's name..etc etc  just put yourself in that job and I bet you will get it.
Timmie

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »
Break a leg!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 08:28:22 pm »
Ang, I think what you are wearing is perfect.  Maybe if you have a snazzy necklace or some other kinda "funky" accessory, that is a little too bold for the other outfit you can take it with you to throw on for the second interview for that "creative vibe"....  Ha, ha, listen to me talk like I know about fashion.  I look like one of the librarians from the Far Side on most work days, and like a 12-year old boy on the weekends!!!   ;D

Then, cause you have no dress code, you will never have to worry about it again!  No dress code is the best - I used to be able to go to work in anything from my pajamas to a prom dress!   :P

Well, I will have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow morning and I will send you some serious good mojo - not the little 4-legged kind, either!  Timmie is right, walk in there like you already work there.... 

Good luck and let us know what happens...

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*