Author Topic: Young Male Pyr needs home/foster  (Read 2603 times)

marypyrs

Young Male Pyr needs home/foster
« on: October 23, 2007, 10:35:02 am »
Hi Guys!

Max, a 10 mo old (today) Pyr who needs placement in a Forever Home or Foster. He was born on Christmas morning 2006. He's HUGE! 120 lbs at 9 mos. I've met him. He's a good boy but with some resource guarding issues. It could be that his hormones haven't settled down yet (Neutered just a couple mos ago) He needs to have an "Adult Only", "No Other Pets Home".

His Family loves him very, very, much. But he attacked their older M Sheltie and did some damage. The Family was going to try to work through it but several days later he attacted another of thier elder dogs. This time a 13 yr old F Golden X. She wasn't hurt just scared.

I really feel that he can be worked through his problems with proper training, & perhaps with a Behaviorist involved.

I'm trying to attach some pics of him. We'll see how that goes. You may either email me at  marymjm@aol.com  or Marnie at  loven003@umn.edu  He will soon be posted on Petfinder through our NorthStar Great Pyrenees Rescue.

He is UTD on all Vet care and neutered. Healthy, but is overshot. Nothing that will require surgery.

Jane & The Crew
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:47:27 am by marypyrs »

marypyrs

Re: Young Male Pyr needs home/foster
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:36:40 pm »
Thanks for posting the pics Julie.  :D

I should also have mentioned that Max has been very good with cats and lives in a multicat home. Two of which are recent Rescues kitties. He has taken some puppy training classes and is very good on a lead. He LOVES walks & he interacts well with other dogs when out for a hike. The only problem has been sharing "His People" with the other dogs in the houshold. He has never shown agression what so ever towards people

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »
He is just absolutely gorgeous!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 07:25:03 pm »
He's a gorgeous boy.  I hope he finds his home really soon.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience