Author Topic: just got home from the vet....  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
just got home from the vet....
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:47:19 am »
well first let me say, i FINALLY found a decent vet around here!  should have listened to my grandma from the starT! 

Fumble was a bit of a pill, he kept tugging me everywhere and refused to get on the scale! for some reasons he's petrified of the silly thing!  well then we went in and met Dr. Macfarland, our new wonderful vet! she actually talked to me like a human being and was super happy to meet fumble!  so well... yaaddayyadddaa fumble looks like he's starting to get another ear infection, went on benadryl and otomax, staph is still around in the poor groin... so back on the cephalexin.. and then he got his yearly shots...

well she told me that fumble is "atopic"... apparently that means he's got allergies??? anyone else heard this before??  i'm sure it just means something else i'll have to spend a fortune on! i did get his medical records thoguh to send to the VPI! so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get in cause at this rate my bank account is going to die a slow death! lol!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Luvmydanes

Re: just got home from the vet....
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:18:17 am »
I don't know much about allergies, so sorry I can't help you there, but its great that you found such a good vet! they are so hard to find nowadays!

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:53 am »
Atopic means that there's isn't one specific cause. It's usually used as in "atopic dermatitis" which means "I'm itchy from something that I probably can't get away from" (like pollen, dust, life, etc). I personally had atopic dermatitis that resulted from stress, and made my face break out in an exteremely itchy, oozy rash (very pretty-yuck!). FYI, Star, my Dane, has seasonal allergies, and got better (less itchy) when the seasons changed. Let's hope Fumble gets over his quickly!

Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:28:50 am »
Don't think I would have let him have his booster jab if his health wasn't 100%. Then again, I don't agree with yearly boosters, and my lot don't get them. I think they cause more problems than they prevent :(

Hope Fumble feels better soon :)
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte