Author Topic: Home from the pound  (Read 8803 times)

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
Re: Home from the pound
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:00:53 pm »
Well things aren't going so well here.  I am beginning to wonder if this was a good idea. 
Our new girl just dose not seem to like Bray at all.  Granted he had his nose in her rear for most of the first 24 hours she was home but now he is going out of his way to avoid her.  The other day she was laying on the floor.  He and I walked into the living room near where she was laying and she jumped up toward him, he backed up and she nipped my leg.  I know she did not mean to get me but since then she has pinned him a couple of times.
I use Bray as my Service Dog so I do not want Him to be negatively impacted by her "lashing out".  Otherwise she is very sweet and good so far with the kids.  I hate to give up on her too soon but I am concerned what the cost maybe if I don't do something soon.
Today I went to lunch with my husband and Bray came along.  Not too long after we got our food the neighbor call telling me that she had jumped our 6 foot fence...needle ss to say lunch was over.  So here we are wondering what to do...maybe she needs a home where she is the only dog for awhile :-[
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:09:18 pm by ReneeB »
Renee, (will always love and miss Brayden)

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:24:55 pm »
Sad ending....she attacked Bray again and this time would not stop...back to the shelter hopefully she will get a home with no other dogs :'(

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 04:40:00 am »
I'm so sorry things didn't work out with her!  I think you are wise to return her quickly though.  If you've got kids in the home and one of them gets between her and Bray, you'll never forgive yourself.   :'( 
Daphne

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 05:49:52 am »
Hubby says we should have just gotten another puppy...so the kids and I have voted...we want a BROWN NEWFIE
Girl.  My husband is not thrilled with the ammount of shedding (Black hair) that we already have so, though he loves Brayden as much as we do, I'm sure he will not be impressed that his vote does not count (lol).  Maybe I can convince him it will be a NewfiePoo ::) no shedding... ;)

so let the search begin...we are looking for something after the holidays.

Kirsti

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 06:19:36 am »
Oh, I;m sorry the Saint didn't workout for you, hopefully she can get a good home. I love your idea about a puppy though! How fun! And just tell your Hubby that it was his idea to get a puppy, he said puppy he didn't say a breed  ;)!

~K

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 01:08:19 am »
I'm sorry she didn't work out.

As much as I would love to get a dog from a shelter, I have small children too and I wasn't willing to risk the "baggage" that might come with an older shelter pet.  I know exactly where you are coming from - don't feel bad.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 01:35:48 am »
I too can relat. Bella is my first non-resuced animal. My last rescue was a disaster, and with two young boys, I just couldn't take another chance. It is hard to deal with a dog with issues, but it is equally hard for kids to fall in love with a pet that doesn't exaclty love back, or worse is scary, and then lose the pet altogether. You did the right thing. Good luck on your Brown Newfie, make sure you send pics after the holidays.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Krista I

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 08:17:52 pm »
what a beautiful girl!  I'm still trying to find a name for my saint baby, I'm picking him up next wednesday, and I can't find a name for him.  Can someone please help me, and give me some ideas???  It would be greatly appreciated. thanks... :)