Author Topic: Revenge is Sweet!!!  (Read 1718 times)

cricket36580

Revenge is Sweet!!!
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:51:54 pm »
Well Baloo was a bad boy today and bit me...really it was my fault so all he got was a severe NO and ignored for a while.  Then I got my revenge....  heehee  He got a bath...heehee 

He just HATES baths....

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge is Sweet!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:14:40 pm »
He looks so sad to be in the tub.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:15:06 am »
He looks so pathetic...Poo r baby!...lol...Why did he bite you?...I am just asking because I am still learning dogs & what makes them tick or tock...lol!

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:18:35 am »
Ok...well...wh en he got here he would hardly eat.  We did alright on Exclusive chicken and rice but he plain hated everything else.  he lost about 15# but I really thought he was getting more excersise and he just didn't eat much.  Well, there is a new food out that is being manufactured by a friend of mine and so he gave me 80# of it.  WOW!  What a difference.  Also, I've not been letting him eat with everyone else since he and Bella have "issues" but he decided that he would stand and bark instead of eating while I milk....so now he's allowed to eat with everyone else.  But he still goes to the feed shed after he's finished in hopes of getting more.  He's getting what he can have now so he doesn't get more...Anyway I went to get him out of the shed and grabbed the back of his collar and he growled, spun and bit.  It was honestly an instinctive reation...not being mean.  I shouldn't have grabbed him like that.  I know it all sounds very innocuous but it all adds up and me grabbing him was simply rude.  I've been told that pyrs don't like being grabbed by the scruff and I'm sure that sometime in his past someone grabbed him and threw him.  He was absolutely heartbroken afterwards.  Just knew he was getting a beating.  Well, he got reprimanded but that was all.  And he knew exactly why he got the bath, too! 

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:50:46 am »
Cricket, what if you save him a hand full of the food and put in you pocket so you can give it to him after you milk.  One peice at a time from Mommy would be a special treat. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 10:00:32 am »
My Thor had been beaten before I got him.  He was so shy around his head that I used a harness on him for a few months just so that if I needed to control him I could without having to try to get at his collar.  He also had a ton of hair which made getting to the collar difficult which it doesn't look like is a huge issue for Baloo.  Once he relaxed the harness went off but it sure was a lifesaver for the first few months.  If this is the first run-in, you may just need to be careful but if it is a problem, the harness sure can be helpful.
Daphne