Author Topic: Okay, another nasty question  (Read 2810 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Okay, another nasty question
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:02:01 am »
I sware my life revolves around crap, if I'm not changing 2 kids diapers, I'm picking up after the dogs and dealing with all their dysfunctions. So that being said, Yiska is having some other problem.  What causes mucus in the stool? I could google it but my stomach isn't ready to be grossed out and I'll end up being confused, I'd rather ask you guys. I don't know how she's been the last couple days because I've let them out to go potty and run instead of taking them myself but this morning I did, and that's what I saw. So much for good poops, they are gone. Yukon's started out good and then was bad again. *sigh*

After she went she was acting funny sitting there but like not all the way down and kinda starting to move her butt back and forth, then she started to lick herself. I don't know what's going on with her, I get the feeling she is just not a healthy dog. First she was underweight, then she had some urinary infection, then it's the bacteria they found in her stool, now this. She also threw up yesterday a few times in a row..nothing came up but foamy stuff. She's been eating, drinking and playing normally.  She is much much smaller than Yukon, her coat is not nearly as nice..I just don't know.

Anakalia

Re: Okay, another nasty question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 04:09:31 am »
Awww that poor baby!  Sounds like she's been through a lot these past couple weeks! The first thing that came to mind was worms.  Is there anyway you could take a stool sample into the vet? 

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:06 am »
I'm with Stella on this one. She probably was just compromised at a young age and is now susceptible to lotsa things.

However, I did google mucous in the stool for ya. (Over my lunch, I might add. This tummy is pretty much bullet-proof) and I found a lot of things about colitis causing mucous in the stool and weight loss, etc. So, maybe check into colitis?

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:59:10 am »
Thanks you all. I guess i'm gonna have to do that then. They were treated for one of those bacteria a couple weeks ago, and someone else told me it may not have gotten rid of it or something. They are due back at the vet in about a week and a half for the last round of vax and I was gonna go over all this then and have them take another sample, but I may have to do it sooner I guess. :-\

I thought worms too when I saw her doing a bit of that scooting motion, I've had dogs with those. Yesterday I saw something that resembled a tapeworm, I recognize those, eww..but it didn't move.  Man, that's the last thing she needs is worms!  

I do think she'll come around once I can get her straightened out, it's just the getting there.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:00:38 am »
I'm with Stella on this one. She probably was just compromised at a young age and is now susceptible to lotsa things.

However, I did google mucous in the stool for ya. (Over my lunch, I might add. This tummy is pretty much bullet-proof) and I found a lot of things about colitis causing mucous in the stool and weight loss, etc. So, maybe check into colitis?

Oh man colitis, good lord. :( Let's hope not. Thank you for looking that up for me.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 05:05:17 am »
coccidia (sp?) can also cause mucus in their stools.  not sure how old she is, but coccidia (sp?) is usually in puppies / young dogs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 05:05:40 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 05:12:44 am »

Oh man colitis, good lord. :( Let's hope not. Thank you for looking that up for me.

No problem! But don't freak. I found that there are varying degrees of colitis and it seems like it can be overcome for the most part, or at least controlled.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 05:13:13 am »
coccidia (sp?) can also cause mucus in their stools.  not sure how old she is, but coccidia (sp?) is usually in puppies / young dogs.

Okay well that's what's going on then I bet. That is the one they were treated for before and it probably didn't go away. She's 14 wks today.