Poll

What Are You Doing for Your Dog this Valentine's Day?

FINALLY brushing his teeth!
0 (0%)
Letting him have a box of chocolates, then rushing him to the hospital.
1 (14.3%)
Dressing him up as Cupid, just like he always wanted.
1 (14.3%)
Letting him walk me!
2 (28.6%)
Giving her all the table scraps he wants.
1 (14.3%)
Taking her to a participating vet for a free weight check.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Valentine's Day Poll - What Are You Doing for Your Dog?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline BARC

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Valentine's Day Poll - What Are You Doing for Your Dog?
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:49:36 am »
Can't wait to see what you're planning on doing for the other love in your life: your dog. -I know what I'm doing!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:41:43 am by BARC »

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
Re: Valentine's Day Poll - What Are You Doing for Your Dog?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:56:37 am »
As Grace is rescue, we do not know her exact birthday date, but we traced the suspected breeder of her, and she hgad a litter in February, so on Grace's papers her birthday was registered on Valentine Day. So we shall celebrate her birthday... But not tomorrow as my son is in hospital, and tomorow he will go for surgery, so probably the birthday celebration will be delayed later for weekend. We have some celebration plans - it is her first birthday!
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:55:36 am »
Aww...  A Valentine's Birthday!  How sweet!!

Sierra got a heart shaped dog cookie and we didn't tell Dad, but she got a few heart shaped sugar cookies that I made last night.  And as always she is getting smothered with hugs, kisses and belly skritches.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:17:05 am »
Happy Valentine's Day!!! Grace sends a bunch of hugs and kisses.  :) 

Today, after I obsess about this job application I need to reformat, i'm going to spoon my baby.  I fed her the cocktail of pain meds and craddled her head as she past out on my lap.  She may not be aware that we're having a valentine's moment, but i will try.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:48:38 pm »
As Grace is rescue, we do not know her exact birthday date, but we traced the suspected breeder of her, and she hgad a litter in February, so on Grace's papers her birthday was registered on Valentine Day. So we shall celebrate her birthday... But not tomorrow as my son is in hospital, and tomorow he will go for surgery, so probably the birthday celebration will be delayed later for weekend. We have some celebration plans - it is her first birthday!

Is this the same Grace who was abused, matted, skinny, etc., that you rescued in your avatar? If so, she looks so great. You are definitely her valentine!  ;)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:49:41 pm »
BTW, me and the dogs will go for our usual walk in the snowy dark cold like we do every night.  ::)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 01:42:43 pm »

Is this the same Grace who was abused, matted, skinny, etc., that you rescued in your avatar? If so, she looks so great. You are definitely her valentine!  ;)

Grace is a rescue?  you can't tell by the looks of her.  Wow.  a little TLC does wonders. 
By the way...i love love love the name!!! 

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:31:47 am »
Thank You! yes, it is the some abused, fear agressive skeleton that we rescued just 3 month ago! Of course, she is not a perfect saint, she is really bad BYB production, but her health and mental shape is just great now. She is a big lovebug! She believes that she is a lap dog, so it is enough just to look at her when she is here, on my lap with her front paws, giving kisses, kisses, kisses! 
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498