Author Topic: You wont believe this  (Read 2322 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
You wont believe this
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:32:27 am »
ok well my bf is living in Georgia.  Well he is taking care of everyone on his streets livestock ( which is 5 homes)  Well at one of the houses he was feeding the goats and a neopolitan mastiff walked up to him.  He was like where did you come from.
  He told me what it looked like and he is going to send me a pic.  He siad that it is full of fleas and very skinny.  HE tried calling the guy who owns the property to see if it was his dog but there wwas no answer.  He went and bought dog food and and is feeding it.  Now temperature in Albany has been reaching 100 degrees and has no humidity so it seems even hotter. 
  There was no water bowl anywhere.  He said that if he cant find the owner looks like we are going to have yet another dog.  He said that it still lokks really young. 
  But my question is he said that it was fawn with a black mask.  Has anyone ever heard of a neo being fawn with a black mask????  I will post pics when i get it   
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: You wont believe this
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:41:35 pm »
Well he found the owners. They live two roads down. They said that she got off her chain.  Myriah asked how long dhe had been missing and they daisd o like 3 days. 
 Well she is skin and bones and he was really worried about her.  He asked what kind of dog food they had been feeding it and they started laughing.  "What dog food?  She gets whatever is left over from us" 
  Myriah started laughing thinking they were joking, but they werent.  He siad that he would like to buy her from them if he could.  They said how much are you willing to pay.  He said well how much do you want for her.
  They said 7,000.  I was like are you kidding. 
  Now i am worried that dog will die there i just know it.  They have nothing but livestock and Myriah said it isnt unheard of to see things like this.  It is just that the dogs arent as important as the bigger animals.  If i move up there i am going to have so many animals i am not going to know what to do with them.  I will buy everyone's dogs from them :'(

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:38:43 pm »
I'm sorry, I grew up in a farming community, with lots of friends whose families had cows/pigs/sheep/horses, even goats.  That cavalier attitude doesn't have ANYTHING to do with livestock being more important than a pet.  It has to do with poor animal husbandry.  A farmer with a skinny dog probably has cows with worms and chickens with bird flu! >:(  >:(

If he can see the all puppy's ribs, he really needs call either Animal Control or the sherriff if they don't have an Animal Control office, and report a skinny dog at such and such address. 

I know, it's your new house and you want to get along with your neighbors.  However, it's also important that you start as you mean to go on. People should know that neither of you is going to turn a blind eye to mistreated animals.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:50:25 pm »
 People should know that neither of you is going to turn a blind eye to mistreated animals.

Well said!  If we all quit 'being polite', maybe there would be less animal abuse AND child abuse!

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:17:53 pm »
People should know that neither of you is going to turn a blind eye to mistreated animals.

Well said!  If we all quit 'being polite', maybe there would be less animal abuse AND child abuse!
I third that opinion!
 >:(

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:38:22 am »
I caompletely agree.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:21:18 pm »
Get'em Amber! >:(
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 12:35:26 pm »
Ack, I hate it that you're in that situation....u nfortunately, not all people see animals as living breathing beings, rather they're just objects. I can't help myself sometimes and will lecture people, throwing out facts, opinions and personal experience. I'm sure it pisses them off, but I can't stop myself.
You 'could' stop yourself, but then you wouldn't be who you are, protecting animals is part of what makes you wonderful!
 :D