Author Topic: wierd question about tree frogs...  (Read 1463 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

wierd question about tree frogs...
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:59:25 pm »
We have lived here two years next month...The first summer we were here we had TONS of tree frogs & then last year I remember seeing some too...Cute little green guys that hung out on our deck...I just realized I've only seen two tree frogs this year...We got Sam in Nov. of 2004...& Pippin July 2005...Could my big guys be scaring off or worst yet eating our little green friends?...What happened to my frogs??? :-\

cricket36580

Re: wierd question about tree frogs...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:07:24 am »
The humidity has to be right before they'll come out of the treetops.  If it's too high or too low they stay home.  So no, your babies aren't eating  them and you didn't do anything to them.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 12:43:46 pm »
The trees are full of tree frogs and the pond is full ob bull frogs.  There was a blue racer in the bathroom and the cicadas are buzzing about.  I can loan you a few Chelle..lol  Last night the coyotes were quite vocal, as were the dogs about 2am.  It was so noisy outside I had to shut the window!

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:38 pm »
The trees are full of tree frogs and the pond is full ob bull frogs.  There was a blue racer in the bathroom and the cicadas are buzzing about.  I can loan you a few Chelle..lol  Last night the coyotes were quite vocal, as were the dogs about 2am.  It was so noisy outside I had to shut the window!

Jackie
Just send the tree frogs Jackie...ty... don't forget to punch airholes in the box. :P :D :D :D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:51:08 pm »
It might not be the dog at all. At my last house, before we even had zoey, we had TONS of frogs everywhere, eventhough the neighbors had none ??? . They kept getting stuck in the wells near the basement windows and we would always free them, but once we covered the wells, there never seemed to be as many frogs. Still don't know why they left
RIP former BPO