Author Topic: Women's Shelter taking in pets too  (Read 12028 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Women's Shelter taking in pets too
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 09:15:21 am »
Of course everyone else's strength is a great help!  It's an up and down thing.  I let it build up till I can't stand it then blow up.  Then I can go for a while without it bothering me.  :)  With the way finances are now I'll be here a while longer.  One day though...one day!   I can see the end somewhere.
Thanks for checking in. :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 09:20:56 am »
Our humane society contacted our shelter and offered temporary emergency foster care for this very reason. They won't take the pets at the shelter, but I didn't want women to hesitate to get out of a dangerous situation just because of their pets. We now have a network set up where they can call us at any hour and we will take in the pets so the women and children can get to safety. We will hold them until they relocate, find new homes for them, or arrange transportation to a family member or friend in another city or state if necessary.

WOW!  It sounds like this shelter should be on the list to get donations from BPO!!!  Have you suggested it to Jabear???

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 09:28:15 am »
Oh, Lins, I've just read the whole thread and my heart breaks for you!  My parents had that kind of a realtionship and I know how it can destroy a soul!  You do deserve better...and YOU are still there under all that abuse that's been heaped on you.  There was such good advice offered here and so much more experience than I've had (my husband is a dear....) but please know that we are all here any time you need us.  Where are you located???  Can we help in any way????

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 09:34:47 am »
I'm in Michigan...sou thwestern part. 
I'm getting ideas of how to save money and things. (some fall through others are long term wait till I can ideas)  It's just going to be a while is all.  Things go downhill with money of course from time to time...so it's a waiting game, ya know.   Thanks for your understanding and for listening.  :)