Author Topic: You know you're a BPO when ...  (Read 4416 times)

jesday

You know you're a BPO when ...
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:56:54 pm »
you feel you need to explain why your dogs are notindoor dogs.

My brother-in-law and his wife came to visit this past weekend and brought their two min-schnauzers. It kinds of puts our bubs into perspective. My SIL said, they don't come in the house do they? And I found myself embarrassed and needing to explain they are allowed in but it is they who want back out after a visit. They get too hot, especially this time of year and want the comfort of their beds and cool garage.

I had to laugh at myself. She was referring to their size and hair and slobber and I took it as being a bad mom for not letting my babies inside. :D 

Just a couple of tiny tikes, these two.

Viking Lady

Re: You know you're a BPO when ...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:01:57 pm »
Thankyou  Thankyou  Thankyou

I had mentioned before that I had a couple friends that made me feel guilty for keeping Luke outside. He, too, is inside when I want to deal with his indoor mischief and I do want him to learn how to behave indoors. But otherwise, I go outside and spend time with him.

And he doesn't have to pick up after me when I spend time in his space.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:06:45 pm »

They get too hot, especially this time of year and want the comfort of their beds and cool garage.

It's not a problem in our house as we keep it at 58 F degrees so Lily feels nice and comfy and we get to cuddle  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:10:55 pm »
Brrrrrrr.But if you can cuddle that's nice. Luke won't cuddle, he's too roudy. Or did you mean a human cuddle?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »
Brrrrrrr.But if you can cuddle that's nice. Luke won't cuddle, he's too roudy. Or did you mean a human cuddle?
I give Lily full body massages while dipping in her fur! Niiiice  ;D
Mary W. Crane

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
Luke does like a back rub but I'm not a good massager. Human or doggie. When I rub his back he slowly starts sinking into my lap.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 03:34:08 am »
I ran into a woman that I grew up with not long ago, hadn't seen her is 20 years or so. We went for a quick Starbucks to catch up, and of course the beasts came up in conversation. She was absolutely horrified that they were basically inside dogs, all 350 lbs of them. I don't quite think she got the parrallel when she told me she had 6 kids, and I asked her in my most horrfied tone "But you don't keep them in the house....do you?"

Haven't spoken to her her since then, but I might have seen her once since then, running in the other direction.
Stella
BHAHAHAHAHA! Stella, you are the best!  :D :D :D
Mary W. Crane

jesday

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 03:47:28 am »
Stella,

Are you for hire? I've got a few relatives who need to be "handled;)

Tonda

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 03:51:24 am »
. . . of course the beasts came up in conversation. She was absolutely horrified that they were basically inside dogs, all 350 lbs of them. I don't quite think she got the parrallel when she told me she had 6 kids, and I asked her in my most horrfied tone "But you don't keep them in the house....do you?"

Once again, I freaken worship you.

jesday

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 04:42:01 am »
The things we inflict on friends and family. I had a good friend who openly admitted she was a germaphobe. Not just of dogs. Her hands were always red and cracked from washing.

We had Bud at the time, 120 lbs, and his hips were pretty much gone. I had rug runners all over the house but sometimes his legs would just splay out under the poor ol' boy and had to have someone lift his rear end to help him up.

I had just had knee surgery, and to her credit she came over that night with a lasagna for my family. She never comes in my home. This was huge for her. She almost made a 'clean' getaway when the Budders had a fall. My leg was so bandaged I couldn't bend it and who knows where the kids and hubs were. Our eyes met, me hoping, she pleading. Then to my amazement she asked how to do it and lifted him up with her bare hands. I had a bottle of Purell waiting for her and I will always love her for that. :-* 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:42:37 am by El'skids »

jesday

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 04:43:38 am »
My 88 yr old mom was here helping me after a recent *unfortunate incident*

My Mom is truly *not* a dog person* but she loves my pack. Unless one of the girls tried to kiss her. It freaks her out, grosses her out beyond imagination, thinking she'll surely need to be disinfected. Naturally she reminds me of *places they frequently lick*

One evening after dinner Mom was helping clear the table.  I told her to let the dogs *clean* the plates & after Libby licked the plate I *started* to put it back in the cupboard...try ing so hard not to laugh ;D

Poor Mom.. I thought I'd have to call 9-11. Ahhhhh, it's good for her..it keeps her heart rate up! :o 
So the amazing Patty has a dark side! 8) That was evil girl. But pretty funny ;D

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 05:12:22 am »
Stella,

Are you for hire? I've got a few relatives who need to be "handled;)

Man, I could sure use you as well!! I'm here to say I have raised both fur and skin varieties. Fur kids are cleaner and cause less damage! ;D :D
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties