Author Topic: Rosie isn't doing so well here ) :  (Read 13702 times)

k2campbell

Re: Rosie isn't doing so well here ) :
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 09:03:46 pm »
Ah - darn!  I'm sorry Gypsy for your troubles with Rosie.  Hopefully training will solve these issues - I'm hoping for the best for you!  Rosie sure is a cutie  ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 12:42:30 am »
We have had one full day of Mama Kay's doggie boot camp & I swear I am seeing results already...I really think I got lazy & was too leniant with her...granted she was an angel for a month & 1/2...I let love blind me to the fact that she is a dog & well, dogs will be dogs!...My hubby is going to take care of the fence issue somehow when he is home this week...I know where she is getting out now...& if need be I will slap up a hotwire as a means to an end in order to keep Rosie with us...Don't start..sometim es you have to be cruel to be kind...I don't think it will come to that though but I am that serious about keeping her with us...After further evaluation today I can see that Rosie has no issues with Russell (my 8 yr. old) only Missy....Which is wierd to me because Missy runs the other 2 dogs better than my hubby or I...She is who we send out into the yard to bring Samson & Pippin in when they won't mind us...Maybe Rosie is vying for the true "alpha" position in our house?....That little girl has confidence plus for her age...She makes me proud & drives me nuts at the same time...lol...S o anyway, I've had Missy start feeding Rosie under my supervision... After a sit Missy will put down her food...Rosie is currently being fed seperatly from Sam & Pippin & is not allowed in the yard with them...She is being kept with me at all times & is on a leash with me when I can't completely supervise her...I am feeling pretty good right now about our "little girl lost" & her outcome here in the house of Kay. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:05:16 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 12:45:24 am »
Yippee!  It sounds like positive progress.  I'm so glad to hear it.  We'll still be sending good thoughts your way. :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 01:10:46 am »
Great news!  Know that we are cheering you on!  You really have taken 'Bones' to heart and are observing!  GREAT!  ;D ;D ;D

Please keep us posted on your progress!!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:40 am »
Way to go!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 09:32:42 am »
That's awesome news!!!!!!!!!  I fully understnad the cruel to be kind thing.  Better she get a little shock than get killed by a car in the road when she gets out.
Daphne

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 09:50:13 am »
Ooohhh, the girls are just the naughtiest aren't they - no wonder they're called bitches!

I wonder if her being spayed had anything to do with her recent transformation into miss bossy boots? Her hormones could be running a little wild which won't help matters.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 09:59:35 am »
That's great Chelle! I'm glad boot camp is working with her. Keep up the good work.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 11:37:50 am »
Woohooo glad tok hear that things are looking up ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2006, 11:41:58 am »

You GO girl.

You ARE the rulemaker. :D

Hotwire is often an excellent and inexpensive solution to keeping dogs inside a fence. Small price to pay for preventing road pizza.

Keep us updated.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 01:53:05 pm »
Ooohhh, the girls are just the naughtiest aren't they - no wonder they're called bitches!

I wonder if her being spayed had anything to do with her recent transformation into miss bossy boots? Her hormones could be running a little wild which won't help matters.
I considered that & am waiting on a call back from the vet because that is around the time things went south with Rosie...Now, don't get me wrong...She has been pretty sweet...I am just going to nip the new bad behaivor in the bud before it escalates!...Rosie will learn the same thing my kids already know...When push really comes to shove Mama Kay don't mess around...lol!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 07:55:14 pm »
K..the behavoralist/trainer just left...He was her with his wife for 3 hours....Great news!...Rosie isn't being dominant...She is very nervous & unsure...When she snarfed at Missy Paul said she was trying not to bite not trying to bite...He said she was in a  situation that made her scared...He gave me some wonderful advise on what to do with her & told me signs to watch for when Rosie is letting me know she feels threatened...H e also said that she surely has been abused & mistreated & not just a few times but over a long period of time...That just breaks my heart!...So anyway, we can "fix" Miss Rosie!!...YAY!!!!!!!!...& Paul said to call whenever I need any help or advise!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:21:27 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 08:26:48 pm »
That's wonderful news!!!  Sorta.  Sigh.  Still makes me wonder what kind of person could do things like that to a dog.  Our beloved Thor had teeth broken, old eye injury, split gums, terrified of any movement near his head when he came.  How can people do that??????  I'm so glad she has you now and that you and the trainer are willing to put the time into helping her.  I'm sure she'll blossom with love and care!
Daphne

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2006, 08:53:58 pm »
I am so glad that this can be worked out.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2006, 09:27:35 pm »
I'm so glad everything is working out. We have used the dog grade electric fence before and it was wonderful. The shock was so low on it, we could grab onto the wire and it was a very mild shock, but the dogs learned VERY quickly to stay away from it.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain