Author Topic: My job Rocks (dog pics and antics included)  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Silky&Baron

• Gnawer
  • Baron: Great Pyrenees/Border Collie; 15 months
    • View Profile
My job Rocks (dog pics and antics included)
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:26:45 pm »
My boss is a lawyer, and I'm basically her personal assistant. I clean her house and office, and do some filing, but mostly I baby-sit her incredible spoiled dogs. I walk them, groom them, play with them, baby them, and when she has fosters, I take care of them. I especially love her puppy fosters, since she co-runs Mid-South Great Pyrenees Rescue. Here's pics of what I do all day.

This is Floyd, her rather overweight great Pyrenees/border collie, 140 pounds. He has very severe HD and had both hips and elbows rebuilt, which is half of why he's so overweight, he has trouble exercising too much. They also discovered a few months ago, since he didn't like his diet food so much, he would push his bowl under the bed for safe keeping, go steal Baxter's food, then come back, pull his bowl back out, and lay next to it, making it look like he wasn't eating. He's being walked regularly, and monitored when he eats, so he's starting to loose weight. He's quite the character.

He has the biggest, goofiest smile

And the best sad look

Here's Baxter, her Landseer Newfie (mix?), 120 pounds. He was a police confiscated abuse case. He was literally almost beaten and starved to death when she got him. He was nine months old, and if you even looked at him, he would start shaking and pieing everywhere, and his favorite place was hiding in the corner. He has come so, so far. It still takes him a little while to trust new people, it took me about a month to be his best friend, but he will let just about anyone pet him, and his favorite thing in the world is a walk. He gets all haughty, and prances and shows off. You'd never know he was a big scaredy cat.
Sad Baxter

Happy Baxter

Baxter chillin'

Big beautiful Baxter

Look at those eyes

Here's Bess, her only purebred Great Pyre, about 80 pounds. She is the best, easiest dog in the world. Literally the only two behavioral problems she has are that she hates being groomed, but will let you, and she doesn't like new dogs in her house the first day, but by the second day, they're best buds. She's just such an amazingly well behaved dog, and she's just drop dead gorgeous (but doesn't like having her pic taken)
Beautiful Bess

Pleading Bess

Sad Bess

Look at those eyes

And Zoe, her last fulltime dog (she has tons of fosters). She's a sheltie mix, only 45 pounds. She's is an absolute drama queen. She could probably convince just about anyone that she's the most mistreated, neglected dog in the world, and she desperately needs some attention and a treat. She's a really pretty dog, honestly probably the prettiest of the bunch, and she does tricks, she's freakishly smart.
Poor, poor, sad Zoe

Posing Zoe

I love the lighting in this pic

And this was her last foster, a 7 month old great pyre/golden retriever. He was found with his siblings in a field in rural Kentucky almost starved to death. He was the most shy, terrified dog I've ever seen. He was scarred to death of people he didn't know, but after about two months with my boss, he'd really come out of his shell, and could be introduced to new people pretty quickly (food always gets him). He absolutely loves other dogs. He went to the perfect home, the people have had pyre's for 20 years, and have had pyre's with problems like his, and they have 2 acres fenced in. It almost killed my boss to give him up, he's such a sweetie, and giving up the special needs doggies are always the hardest.
Oscar Robles

I love this pic
"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -Ben Williams
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anonymous

Kiahpyr

Re: My job Rocks (dog pics and antics included)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:31:21 pm »
They're all so cute! I'm so glad they were rescued. Hopefully they'll find wonderful homes. Bess sure is beautiful!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:39:10 pm »
I want your job!!!

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:57:33 pm »
SERIOUSLY! SIGN ME UP! Dang. I want a job like that.

Great looking doggies, by the way! You're very lucky!

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 02:30:56 pm »
They are beautiful babies!  Yeah, I want that job too!

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 03:45:45 pm »
jeez! you're SO lucky! i really wish i could do that all day. and the fact that you are getting PAID to do it is unbelievable!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Silky&Baron

• Gnawer
  • Baron: Great Pyrenees/Border Collie; 15 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 06:22:32 pm »
They're all so cute! I'm so glad they were rescued. Hopefully they'll find wonderful homes. Bess sure is beautiful!!

These are all her personal dogs, except Oscar, who is doing great in his new home. At this particular moment, there are no fosters, but that never lasts long.

How did you get that job???!!! It sounds like one in a million!

I met her when I worked at a doggie day-care/rescue that had some serious issues, and ended closing (I had 3 weeks 25 dogs, 5 of which were pits, 2 dobie labs, or they were dead. I ended up driving 5 to CO). She used to keep her emergency dogs there, and I got to know her pretty well, and when the day-care closed, she decided her dogs needed a nanny, and her house needed help as her and her husband both usually work 12 hours days. I just got exceptionally lucky.
"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -Ben Williams
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anonymous

Offline paharts

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Guinness, Kado, Holi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 06:40:36 pm »
I don't know which I'd prefer ???: your job or her's. I can just imagine what I'd do if I had the money for it :o but then I guess I'd rather have the time for it & be you ;D

Cheers to wishful thinking, you lucky dog ;) :D
We might not be able to save them all, but we sure can try - Hart's Animal Rescue & Training-Forever Home Adoptions/H.A.R.T.-FHA

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »
No fair!  I work for lawyers, too, but I only get to do typing and stuff in the office.  .  . 

Maybe when I retire.
Sarah