Author Topic: come on!  (Read 2077 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
come on!
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:18:54 am »
well.  apparently the 1st sergeant "forgot" to tell us when out report date is.  well, now that he remembered our report date is not even 12 days away!  come on!  give it a rest!  how am i supposed to find somewhere to live, move, etc, before the 5th!  this is so frustrating.  i have no idea what to do or where to start.  they're not going to move our stuff, we have to pack it and put it in storage and they'll move it from there in about a month or month and a half.  i have a doctors appt. coming up, i won't be here.  everything else is up to me, because hubby is going to be super busy clearing the battalion.  we have someone who's buying the house as soon as we move, closing has been pushed up to the 6th as of today.  we don't even know if hubby is going to get leave before we leave, or even after we move right now!  what a mess!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: come on!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:35:06 am »
oh no steff! what a terrible situation! Come on up here for a while... relax ;) i really wish there was something i could do to help...  stupid sergent! as if. so u have to be out by the 6, thats insane... *HUG*
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:41 am »
Wow, guess glad we aren't military. That sounds like a bunch of BS. You just need a break already! At least someone is buying your house that fast, nice!

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:42:02 am »
This happened to me when I was getting out. I was 4mo pregnant while DH was all the way across the country and I was expected to pack up and get out in 12 days! Um thanks for the warning! I asked to get out 2 months early due to my due date being the month I was to get out... well they granted it way early!
Sorry you are going through this... I hope you don't have to move far. Congrats on selling your house, at least you won't be waiting on this.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:18:24 am »
im sorry, what alot to take on :-\. u know if we could we'd do it all for you and you could just relax and put your feet up! here for support whenever you need it. :)
and always remember the rewards! ( me and my newborn boy)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:51:04 am »
thanks for letting me vent, everybody.  duramax your baby is so cute!  still hoping we'll have a girl this time, but boy are boys cute, too!

i just got another call from hubby, he was talking to the woman who does all the paper work for us leaving, and SHE said that she had us going back main stream, not changing recruiting stations.  this just keeps getting better.  after calling around, we found out somebody up the chain decided to send us back main stream (which is what we asked to 1st sergeant about recently when we found out that we were getting restationed and there was no doubt about that, and he had a big fat "NO" waiting for us).  now we have no idea where we're going and 12 days to get there.  if we're going main stream again though, at least we have the option of living on post!  the only worry with that is i know some posts have weight limits on pets (not to mention # limits).

p.s.-  the reason we're now getting put back in main stream is apparently b/c someone read into our dependent #s and there's a limit to two (i think it's two) dependents to be eligible to be a recruiter.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]