Author Topic: No pictures but it was fun!  (Read 1154 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
No pictures but it was fun!
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:07:57 pm »
Hi everyone I volunteered at our local humane society yesterday it was have your pets picture taken with Santa day.  It is a fundraiser.  I didn't take Harley because he is Jewish. 

I was supposed to be at the gift shop table but there wasn't alot of business there so I became the official greeter and pet petter!!

What beautiful animals who were all obviously very loved and taken care of.   Such a nice way to spend a few hours on a Sunday morning.

I did realize that at least 80% of the people who came in had 2 dogs.  I tried the argument on my hubby and he is standing strong on no more animals. 

Liz, I saw another beautiful light color dobie - he was quite a handful, but he had an experienced owner who is working with him - he had QUITE a personality.

Ah such a nice day - my next assignment - wrapping gifts at the local book store also a fundraiser - I figure the more time I spend away from the adoptable animals the better!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend as well.

Randy

Anakalia

Re: No pictures but it was fun!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:42:34 pm »
That sounds like so much fun!  I would have loved to be a volunteer at our local shelter, but I can't resist animals in need, I'd get into BIG trouble! lol