Author Topic: I'm mean but I couldn't help myself  (Read 4298 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
I'm mean but I couldn't help myself
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:52:10 am »
I am used to the many different reactions to Bear that I have gotten over the years. Besides the hundreds of questions I have gotten and countless comments I have had people yell, scream, laugh, and smile with joy like a child.

Today was a bit different though. Bear and I were walking down the sidewalk by our park. He was on the outside (by the street) and this guy was on the inside (by the bushes). Bear must have thought the guy was walking to slowly because he passed him. Keep in mind that he was totally on the edge of the side walk and that at least two other people could have been inserted between the guy and Bear. Well, as Bear passed the guy looked down, yelled an explotive and fell into the bushes- literally. I said I was sorry but laughed out loud as I asked him if he was ok cuz nobody has ever done that before. It was like something that you would see on a movie or something. Seriously it was funny!  ;D The guy was not to pleased with my reaction and continued to cuss at me as Bear & I walked away. Oh...how I love Los Angeles.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: I'm mean but I couldn't help myself
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:59:11 am »
You know those downtown people only see bears on the news, climbing people's trees, getting in their swimming pools. 

Poor Bear!  It's going to take awhile before those downtown people stop thinking he's a a grizzly.  :D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:12:44 am »
LOL!!!  Poor Bear!  He probably as surprised by the guys reaction as you were!!!

When I walk Chester down the street of Chester ( ::)) I've been warned "To put an orange vest on that dog so he won't be shot come huntin' season.  Never seen a dog look so much like a bear!!!'. 

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:16:09 am »
It wasn't your reaction that he was cussing at, Jaimie. It was the fact that Bear was humming under his breath..."Another one Bites the dust. And another one gone and another one gone, another one bites the dust..."
He loves LA too. LOL
Stella

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:20:02 am »
LMBO Oh my gosh , that guy must've been SO embarressed !  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:00:56 pm »
LMAO!! I've had a similar reaction from someone, no falling in the bushes. but lots of cursing.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:42:26 pm »
I'm glad someone besides me thought is was funny and somewhat alright to laugh. Poor guy though...guess he is really not a big dog person huh?  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 12:55:17 pm »
Not now.  ;D   ;D  ;D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 01:17:46 pm »
Hahaha that's hilarious!!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 01:36:04 pm »
Hahaha........ that is too funny.  I would have loved to see that in person.  :D

Can't say that I've had that happen, but I have had people jump out of the way and start cursing. 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 06:55:36 pm »
It wasn't your reaction that he was cussing at, Jaimie. It was the fact that Bear was humming under his breath..."Another one Bites the dust. And another one gone and another one gone, another one bites the dust..."
He loves LA too. LOL
Stella
Bear walks warily down the street with his head hung way down low...ain't no sound but the sound of his feet..lol!...Hey!...I'm gonna get you too!...Another one bites the dust! :D 8) OMG Jaime...The visual is 22222222222222 funny! :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:58:05 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 03:36:55 am »
I'm glad someone besides me thought is was funny and somewhat alright to laugh. Poor guy though...guess he is really not a big dog person huh?  ;)

I would not have been able to contain my laughter.... that is pretty dang funny!