Author Topic: Got a call re: a newf  (Read 8891 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Got a call re: a newf
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 01:54:38 pm »
Thanks.  I have to say a fast car ferry sounds like an oxymoron to me.  But then again we have 3 ferries that are supposed to run from Galveston to Bolivar Peninsula and normally only 1 ferry is ever running and you can have 1-2 hour wait to get on one.  That's awesome that you have a fast ferry that will get your new pup!  See I'm being optomistic that everything works out. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 02:03:57 pm »
That is cool!  Now I want to come up and ride on it.  Okay, I think I'm done thread jacking at least for now.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Short dogs, but big paws :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 03:13:39 pm »
keeping paws crossed for you.
Short dogs Big paws

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 05:46:06 pm »
I am in Western NY I doubt the transport will come this way but if it does I would be happy to participate.

Best of luck with whatever you choose!!

Randy & Harley

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 10:02:47 am »
I am in Indiana, let me know what I can do to help! I can transport and foster!!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 10:06:00 am »

I'm in NY and could probably transport depending on when.  Van will be in the shop part of next week (Wed-?).  Hopefully not too long.
Daphne

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 03:15:47 pm »
I haven't had any further response to my email folks ... and am holding off calling as I need some more information before I can have a serious conversation with them.  Thanks for all the offers of transport! You all are amazing!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 04:20:11 pm »
Hey Barkely's Mum. I don't know if you'll be interested since you're inquiring about a Newf already, but if things don't work out with that dog, I know of a female Landseer Newf in Indiana that needs a home. She's 3 years old. If you click on this link and go to the bottom, you can read about her and see her picture. Just thought I'd let you see it, but I hope you get the best dog for you no matter where it's from or what it looks like!

http://www.geocities.com/sugarbearnewfs/AVAILABLEnewfs.html
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 12:31:59 am »
she's beautiful! I wonder why they're looking for a home for her.
Sandy

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 01:41:58 am »
We got a response to our email (we've been away on vacation this week and are just getting home now).  Here's what it says:
Sandy:
Sorry it has taken so long for me to back to you. The Newfoundland we just got in is from the same lady that gave us Promise. Her name is Dolly. She is 2 yrs old, bronze in color, spayed, good with other animals (cats included), and children.

From what we can tell she has an excellent disposition about her and is just as sweet as can be.

If you need anymore information let me know. I would of sent you pictures too but  she is having to much fun playing in her swimming pool.

Thanks,

Lynsey

Here's the thing....as awesome as she sounds, I think we are going to have to pass at this time.  I'm concerned about the trauma that transporting Dolly all the way to Nova Scotia would cause, plus it just doesn't feel right at this time.  So....is anyone interested in this amazing dog??? If so, PM me and I'll give you the email address etc.  I'm going to respond today and let Linsay know we can't take her at this time, but boy she'd make a good BPO addition somewhere closer to her, don't you think?  Remember - her buddy Promise was a therapy dog so she's probably just as smart and trainable! 
Sandy

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 07:22:32 am »
UPDATE:
I had an email today from the shelter.  Dolly was adopted to a home in Illinois on Thursday! Yay!
Sandy

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 07:29:00 am »
UPDATE:
I had an email today from the shelter.  Dolly was adopted to a home in Illinois on Thursday! Yay!
Good news!  ;D