Author Topic: WOLFHOUND in shelter in TX  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
WOLFHOUND in shelter in TX
« on: December 12, 2006, 10:25:31 pm »
I am drooling over this gorgeous boy!!! :o Only 2 years old and SOOO handsome, he does not belong in a shelter!!! Unfortunately it says he is aggressive with other dogs, but apparently he hasn't been neutered yet, so... I wonder if that would help!?

Dang why don't I live in TX??

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7510409

Anakalia

Re: WOLFHOUND in shelter in TX
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:29:02 pm »
OMG he's gorgeous!!!  Neutering may help his aggression, but for some reason I'm thinking if he wasn't aggressive with other dogs you'd be posting "I Adopted a Wolfhound!".  ;) LOL 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:30:38 pm »
OMG he's gorgeous!!!  Neutering may help his aggression, but for some reason I'm thinking if he wasn't aggressive with other dogs you'd be posting "I Adopted a Wolfhound!".  ;) LOL 

Hehehehe ;) yeah the post would be called "Driving to Texas today, anyone along the way want to meet for coffee?"  :D ;D :D ;D

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:38:05 pm »
Wow.  He is a looker.  It is too bad he's agressive with other dogs cause he would be a perfect holiday gift for our family. And we're Texans to boot.  haha.  Okay, that was bad.  Sorry guys. 

Something tells me thought he wont have a problem finding his new forever family. I wish him the best of luck.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:31 pm »
it says he's a "little agressive," so maybe it's just the shelter environment which is making him unsure, and growl?  he might be a sweety, just misunderstood!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45:18 pm »
Hmmm to bad someone on BPO didn't live close to there they could maybe go evaluate the gorgeous boy to see if he really was dog aggressive or if he's just stressed.  It just amazes me that a Irish Wolfhound would end up at a shelter, and the adoption fee is only $75!  :o  That's just craziness!  I just can't stop looking at his pic, he's too cute.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 10:55:47 pm »
who lives the closest??
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 11:04:25 pm »
I live 35 minutes from the shelter- If he is dog aggressive- well that wouldnt work very well here at my place. But I would be happy to go and check him out for anyone on the board. I have sent an email to the shelter for more info. I dont know if this is a kill shelter or not.

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 11:04:25 pm »
Mapquest says Rowlett is near the Dallas area.  This is just so sad, this guy looks HUGE and his kennel area probably isn't very big, hopefully he'll find his forever family very soon.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 11:08:00 pm »
I will call the shelter this morning- see if I can get any more info. Any one interested in taking him??

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 11:16:14 pm »
I will call the shelter this morning- see if I can get any more info. Any one interested in taking him??

:o Consider me to be waiting on the "more info", especially regarding his temperamant around other dogs...

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 11:17:19 pm »
What a handsome boy!! That would be so awesome if you could get him  ;D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 11:22:03 pm »
I will log on this afternoon and give all of the details that I can get. I would love to have him- but it is not even possible. Garrett is now trying to pick fights with Jake, which gets every one stirred and we had a disagreement this morning and now Jake may need stiches.. UGH (the bassett bit one of the Pyrs and Jake got into the middle and got the worst of it)I havent heard any more from MSF, so if there is anyone out there that is interested in Garrett, please let me know. He is wonderful, he gets along great with everyone, but is now picking at Jake when I am in the room. And it is only when I am in the room. So it is a jealousy issue.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 11:40:14 pm »
I will log on this afternoon and give all of the details that I can get. I would love to have him- but it is not even possible. Garrett is now trying to pick fights with Jake, which gets every one stirred and we had a disagreement this morning and now Jake may need stiches.. UGH (the bassett bit one of the Pyrs and Jake got into the middle and got the worst of it)I havent heard any more from MSF, so if there is anyone out there that is interested in Garrett, please let me know. He is wonderful, he gets along great with everyone, but is now picking at Jake when I am in the room. And it is only when I am in the room. So it is a jealousy issue.

Oh man! I hope Jake is ok. One thing I have learned about dog fights and wounds is that they don't always need stitches when it looks like they do. Last brawl we had over here, we were sure our little terrier was gonna need stitches behind his ear but Will's dad (family veterinarian!) assured us it would heal up fine. And it did! But the pooch did need antibiotics. Hopefully Jake won't need to be stitched up, 'cause putting a Dane under anesthesia is a pretty big ordeal!! :-[

And I hate to hear that MSF has left you in the dust with Garrett!!! ??? That is no good!!! After everything you have done for him!!

Thanks for getting info on the wolfhound, you are always such a help!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 12:02:21 am »
who / what is garrett??
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)