Author Topic: I am calling tomorrow!!!*FINAL UPDATE  (Read 9956 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I am calling tomorrow!!!*UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 04:06:17 am »
well get your butt down there monday morning as soon as possible, im so excited for you!!! she's so adorable! i think the ideas for calling around and asking for spay deals is a great idea .OMG i cant believe that they put her in with the lab! what a bunch of idiots.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 05:25:11 am »
Gwen needs you!

But yeah! WTF in putting her with an unneutered male? DUH!
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 06:49:10 am »
Why are people so freaking dumb?????

At least they had the sense to put her on petfinder!  I hope all goes well for you.  You want I should paypal you some $$$ to help with her spay?   ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:49:56 am by happiday »
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 07:21:47 am »

At least they had the sense to put her on petfinder! I hope all goes well for you. You want I should paypal you some $$$ to help with her spay? ???
I am going to see if the HS or the local pound will help me out. They do have a low cost spay/neuter clinic at the HS...I actually know the vet. She is the same vet that works with the pound. I volunteer on Tuesdays with her, I do all the prep work for the dogs to be spayed/neutered...I hold them, tie them down, shave them, and even do the scrub and set up the surgery tray, then I stand back and watch and if she needs anything I do that. Soooo, If Gwen comes here, I can get her in the HS...and I will volunteer for that day there (they do fridays) so I can be with her for the whole process. I am going to see if they will do "the works" on her and do shots and heartworm testing etc... I am hoping they will process her like I am adopting from them, Then she will have everything for $80...I think????? I will go in monday and see what I can work out.

I wonder how many pups this poor girl has had.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 08:52:54 am »

At least they had the sense to put her on petfinder! I hope all goes well for you. You want I should paypal you some $$$ to help with her spay? ???
I am going to see if the HS or the local pound will help me out. They do have a low cost spay/neuter clinic at the HS...I actually know the vet. She is the same vet that works with the pound. I volunteer on Tuesdays with her, I do all the prep work for the dogs to be spayed/neutered...I hold them, tie them down, shave them, and even do the scrub and set up the surgery tray, then I stand back and watch and if she needs anything I do that. Soooo, If Gwen comes here, I can get her in the HS...and I will volunteer for that day there (they do fridays) so I can be with her for the whole process. I am going to see if they will do "the works" on her and do shots and heartworm testing etc... I am hoping they will process her like I am adopting from them, Then she will have everything for $80...I think????? I will go in monday and see what I can work out.

I wonder how many pups this poor girl has had.

This sounds wonderful.  I hope that they'll do it and that they'll let you stay with Gwen the whole time.  I'm so excited for you!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 09:02:15 am »
Wow! If you do all that for them every Tuesday they should "throw you a bone" and give you a freebie - if not a reduced rate or let you make payments.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear what happens on Monday. She is absolutely, regally, beautiful and Gwenevere is a perfect name for her!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 12:02:45 pm »
I really hope this works out for the two of you. It sounds great for you both! I'm also hoping that the HS can help you out. I think what you are doing is wonderful.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 01:50:14 am »
oh that would be way too wonderfull if you could get it to work out like that! i think it'd be so neat to be there while she was in surgery. I asked if i could be there when they neutered max, but they looked at me like i was insane. :(
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 04:08:05 am »
The first time I volunteered, I was a bit squeemish. Now I am fine with it. The vet does the surgery, but I stand there and if she needs the gas turned up or down, I do that plus I keep an eye on their breathing and get additional supplies she may need. I also carry them to the recorvery room, and take out the tube when they are ready, then do their nails and ears, and wait till they are awake. I prefer the surgery side, for some reason I always end up pooped on or puked on in the recovery side. LMAO Especially with the females since they just got their insides "massaged" durring surgery. Our animal shelter (pound) is the nicest one I have seen. The one lady that coordinates things even takes trips out of state to adopt out dogs, or to get them to rescues. Hopefully they can help me out.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40:15 pm »
Wellllll......
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 01:24:51 pm »
I'm dying to know, tooooooo!!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: I am calling tomorrow!!!*FINAL UPDATE
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 08:52:54 pm »
well...the ending is bitter sweet...."Gwen" is actually "Sable" I called this morning and someone FINALLY answered. Her owner showed up yesterday and picked her up...the male lab that was with her was the neighbors. He had been looking for her. Sooo hopefully he will get her spayed (probably not) but atleast she is home....
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:56:59 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I am calling tomorrow!!!*FINAL UPDATE
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:36 am »
well darn. i mean it's good that she was picked up by her owner, but i wonder what kind of an owner he is? i was realy excited for ya. dont forget good things come to those who wait.....i hate waiting.....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog