Author Topic: Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA  (Read 13297 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kuvasz just surrendered to MSPCA
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 01:32:39 am »
Thanks, but I'm no hero, just highly organized.

Deena

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:28 am »
I am so disorganized that highly organized people are my heros!...lol...Besid es, I am sure that you are on top of Jasmine's list of Hero's right now. :)

Offline hmm_gfx

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005, 07:29:44 am »
Deena, I have received hardly any response about possible Katrina Kuvs from the Kuvasz lists either!  I did get an email from a couple of people who were down there that thought they saw some.  Of course the dogs are moved around all the time, so when they went back to look again, they were gone!

Maybe we can work together on this.

Helen and Cayman forever in my heart
Helen and Cayman forever in my heart

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2005, 09:15:36 am »
Anybody with any ideas out there.  I'll pm Helen tomorrow and we'll start a new thread tomorrow.

Deena

P.S. from Sofia:  There is a thread about a Pyr / Kuvasz mix in this forum (Rescue Forum).  Some of you might be interested in that; I didn't see any replies to the post.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2005, 10:07:44 am »
OMG Deena, When we talked on the phone and you gave me the whole story, it was shocking and horrific to me to say the least, but reading it was even worse I think, especially with the little bit of update there.  She must be so very scared....I am livid at what she has been through.  God Bless for your quick response and all the leg work you have done for Kuvaszman and his girl.  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2005, 01:27:12 am »
It infuriates me that a breeder who claims this (quote taken off her site) allows this to happen to one of her own. 

"All puppies and dogs are non-transferrable unless they are returned to (name removed for privacy)---------- at any time in the life of the dog. Life situations can change, divorces unfortunately happen. I want to know that my dogs are always in a lifetime home where they are happy and loved. I also need to keep track of any health issues that have arisen during the dogs' life, no matter how trivial they may seem.

to make matters even more infuriating this "breeder" is a member of Kuvasz rescue and the Northwest rescue rep!  AAAHHH!

"I am very active in kuvasz and golden retriever rescue. I have participated and heavily competed in obedience, titling a UD dog, trained for AKC tracking, paticipated in weight pull and agility training including scribing at trials. Visit the AKC Information and Education site for more information on kuvasz, responsible dog ownership and dog activities. Our dogs are ready to do anything we are. I am proud to part of the National Kuvasz Rescue group as a Northwest rescue rep. I have received many great tempered kuvasz from all walks of life. E-mail for current rescue dogs available in the US."

Breeding dogs is a big responsibility and unless you are willing to step up to the plate in the event unfortunate circumstances arise as with poor Jasmine, I say STOP BREEDING! And if you do breed, don't claim to do things you don't really do! It looks really good on paper, but when push comes to shove, this breeder failed to stand by her sales agreement not just once, but TWICE!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2005, 08:54:56 am »
Doesn't surprise me...except for this kennel representing the NW USA. This breeder also emailed both The NE territory rescuer and I stating that unless a great home can be found the dog needs to be euthanized.  >:(

I would really like to know what gives with these Kuvasz organizations. It seems that their rescues exist because ... well....uh.... maybe....no... .  I guess there truly is no purpose if they are not available for rescue, don't answer emails or phone calls. ???

If you can figure it out let me know. It defies all logic. Perhaps the people who REALLY want to rescue a Kuvasz could form alliances with the Great Pyr people and other LGD groups, I truly do not see any other way to get the job done. SPIN is so impressive, maybe the could sent notes to the Kuvasz rescue groups. Oh...I forgot, guess they'd never get them. They don't do email and answering machines. Maybe they're old fashioned and just do snail mail.  :)

Got to go...I really need to check in on the threads I responded to, but won't have time until tomorrow night. Pm me if you need me.

Deena

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2005, 09:40:48 am »
Wow!...That is all just wierd!...How frustrating to deal with!...I'm just shaking my head here. :(

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2005, 12:34:12 am »
What I have been so very "lucky" to experience with most of the breeders of Kuvasz is a very "closed"  clique type of attitude.  some of you know my horrific experience with a kennel and so called "rescue" individuals who own the kennel in my area.  I am of the opinion, if these kennels bred more responsibly and for the love of the breed instead of the money we would not have somany displaced Kuvasz, or other breeds for that matter.  there are 15-20 kuvasz if not more at this kennel, with many litters a year, at one time when I was at teir place 2 bitches had whelped within a week of one another and there were over 20 puppies at that time.  Puppy mill and BYB does not only pertain to dirty little operations, I think it also reflects the way you breed.  They feed and vaccinate their dogs, they are clean and are show dogs also.  However there are many of them that just live in a Kennel, not much for socialization or family life for these beautiful dogs who are noted for their intense devotion and love for their families.  Its no wonder when an older Kuv is adopted from these kennels to finally live with a family, many of them do not know what the heck to do with themselves, manners are not there, and intense training is needed to socialize and acclimate them , and that is if the new families are fully aware of what they are getting into.  Many are not and aren ot informed.  They buy an older dog who is not useful any longer to the kennel, one who has been shown to championship, one who has sired a litter, or had one, a puppy who was never able to be placed and is now an adult , or a kuv who the kennel actually accepted back froma previous owner.  These poor dogs are placed and then put in a shelter because of "behavior" issues.  So very sad. 
Is there any news yet on Jazmine?
Storm Jameson

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2005, 11:17:37 am »
No, no news yet. I've tried to reach Leanne, no response. I guess I'll call the shelter tomorrow. Let me know if you hear from Kuvaszman....I'll tell you, might have had more lucking trying to get a BPOer to pull her and ship her to me or one of the 2 other Kuvasz owners who contacted me offering help. In the future, we will need to consider other options..

Don't forget Shana, I am certain many of these dogs have been euthanized for "health reasons" too. Honestly, sometimes people can only see trees and no forest.

Deena

Anakalia

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 12:04:36 pm »
I just read this thread, I can't beleive I missed it!  This story is so sad, poor girl!!  I truly hope she finds her forever home really soon, she definitely deserves another chance!

Andi

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 12:54:42 am »
Here is the latest information on Jasmine:

She is doing fine at the shelter but has not been picked up yet.  Mrs. Parks was making arrangements to have her picked up on Sunday, but she was hospitalized that day!! :o  However, she is home now and was well enough to e-mail us today.

Jamine should be picked up within the next day or two by a volunteer in Boston.  On Saturday, Mrs. Parks plans to have the dog brought to her.

Sofia

Kiahpyr

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2005, 03:27:09 am »
I'm sorry to hear that she was hospitalized. I am happy to hear that Jasmine will be picked up soon. Poor Girl!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2005, 04:11:18 am »
Here is the latest information on Jasmine:

She is doing fine at the shelter but has not been picked up yet.  Mrs. Parks was making arrangements to have her picked up on Sunday, but she was hospitalized that day!! :o  However, she is home now and was well enough to e-mail us today.

Jamine should be picked up within the next day or two by a volunteer in Boston.  On Saturday, Mrs. Parks plans to have the dog brought to her.

Sofia
I'm so glad that she is getting out fo there...it's no place for a Kuv!!...Why was she in the hospital?

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2005, 04:33:49 am »
I completely agree with you Deena, many of these situations seem so easily corrected with education PRIOR to welcoming a Kuvasz into the home. Especially when you are adopting an adolescent or adult.   They are exceptional dogs who need their owners understanding of the breed ,patience when things are not as they had hoped, and the support and knowledge shared with others who have the experience.  Others out there have years more experience than I do with this, but unfortunately our first experience was less than appealing and almost ruined our girl.    Enough said.  Please let me know what you learn of Jazmine.   I will be gone this evening but will check later before I go to bed.  Take care. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 04:37:12 am by kildeskennel »
Storm Jameson