Author Topic: Help! My Newf Needs A New Home  (Read 8440 times)

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Help! My Newf Needs A New Home
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 11:02:46 pm »
The big girl has arrived.  I went over to my cousin's house and picked her up this evening.  My cousin's husband told me he wanted her gone by the time he goes back to sea next Sunday, but as my dad is now on a plane to India and the dog-loving-inmate is running the asylum, I went over to my cousin's house and brought her over here.  She can overdose on good ol' family lovin' while I secure a foster placement for her.

I've already taken lots of photos of her (as many as she'd let me get...the flash makes her nervous).  As soon as I figure out how to download photos directly from the camera to the computer, I'll post some here.

Right now she's dividing her time between guarding our 6 year  old daughter, who's decided to have a relapse of the flu and is in her tent watching the Olympics on TV, by lying on the bedroom floor and facing the hall door....and then she comes out here to check on me as I tap away on the computer.

I'm feeling better already....

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 03:02:00 pm »
I do hope you'll find a foster home for her for a while!  Please keep us posted and let us know if there is any way we can try to help!
Daphne

chaosndestruction

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 12:10:45 am »
Hey, my family and I live in Rainier, OR...I'm in Cali until monday the 27th...and if you still need help and a possible temporary foster home, i'll talk to my mom...

Rainier is only about 2 hour away (right across the river from longview, WA) We live on about 5 acres in the country with 2 husky mixes and 2 small dogs...let me know if we can be of any assistance...I'll talk to my mom asap...

chaosndestruction

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 12:34:19 am »
oh and about how long is she going to need fostered for? I just need to know before I ask my mom...

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 01:28:02 am »
Thanks so much.  We're thinking it's going to be about two months.

Ebony gets along with other dogs...having lived with terriers.  She isn't an alpha but she doesn't like being provoked by other dogs.  The situation she was in had a male that could be rather agressive at times with Ebony in particular.

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 07:49:11 pm »
Anything new with this?
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 08:34:20 pm »
I just found this thread and I hope all it worked out for Ms Ebony.
Kim  :)
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 12:00:45 am »
i am sorry, but i cannot accept any more dogs into my home (permenantly). have you considered a breed rescue? then you can keep in touch with the dogs new owner, and you know that they are going somewhere that knows what to expect from a dog like a newf. (or a terrier for that matter!) i have a Westie and a newf cross, along with a akita mix and a dachshund mix, so i know a little how you feel. i am SO sorry that you have had to make this decision, and personally, i think your cousins husband is a jerk, and he should understand if he is a dog lover.

anyway, i hope this has helped, and good luck!

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007